E-Filling LHDN - Form to submit E-BE or E-M

Hello ,
I am working in Malaysia from 01-Aug-2018 till date and my work permit is for 2 years. I got the EA form employer and been taxed 28% till date.

My questions:
1. I will be submitting 2018 e-filing in LHDN online, which form do I need to select E-BE(Resident) or E-M (Non-Resident).

2. If i submit E-BE, system is showing refund of excessive tax. If this is correct form by when LHDN process refunds.

3. If I submit E-M, how to claim for refund for excessive tax which is paid at 28%.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Wasim

sunny2015 wrote:

Hello ,
I am working in Malaysia from 01-Aug-2018 till date and my work permit is for 2 years. I got the EA form employer and been taxed 28% till date.

My questions:
1. I will be submitting 2018 e-filing in LHDN online, which form do I need to select E-BE(Resident) or E-M (Non-Resident)M

**YOU ARE NON RESIDENT FOR TAX YEAR 2018

2. If i submit E-BE, system is showing refund of excessive tax. If this is correct form by when LHDN process refunds.

** E-BE IS NOT THE CORRECT Form FOR TAX YEAR 2018

THERE WILL BE NO REFUND DUE FOR 2018 RIGHT NOW.

WHAT YOU HAVE TO DO IS 'LINK' TAX YEAR 2018 TO TAX YEAR 2019. YOU CAN DO THIS BY TAKING MAXIMUM 14 DAYS PERSONAL LEAVE UP UNTIL YOU QUALIFY TO BECOME TAX RESIDENT FOR 2019. 182 DAYS IS THE REQUIREMENT TO BE IN MALAYSIA. HOWEVER ANY PERSONAL LEAVE DAYS ARE ADDED TO THE QUALIFYING 182VDAYS BECAUSE YOU WERE NOF IN MALAYSIA. FOR EXAMPLE IF YOU TAKE 10 DAYS LEAVE IN YOUR NEW QUALIFYING DATE IS APPROXIMATELY 2ND JULY +10 DAYS = 12TH JULY.

3. If I submit E-M, how to claim for refund for excessive tax which is paid at 28%.

**28% IS THE CORRECT DEDUCTION FOR 2018. AT THIS STAGE YOU HAVE NOT PAID EXCESSIVE TAX

IF YOU LINK TAX YEAR 2018 TO 2019 AS DESCRIBED THEN IN APRIL 2020 YOU CAN FILE AN ANNUAL TAX RETURN FOR 2019 AND ANY OVERPAYMENT WILL BE REIMBURSED. OVERPAYMENT WILL BE THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN 28% AND LOWER TAX RESIDENT RATES DURING THE WHOLE TAX YEAR JAN-DEC.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Wasim

Thanks for the information. So in this case do i need to submit e-filing with EA form for 2018 or do I need to wait for April 2020 to submit consolidated return for 2018 & 2019.
Please clarify. Thank you

You need to do an annual tax return for each tax year (Jan-Dec).

2018 return is due right now.

2019 is due between March and May 2020

Ok, 2018 which form to use to submit the tax E-BE or E-M. Please confirm. Thanks

You can check om LHDN website under individual  and then select Forms section.

http://www.hasil.gov.my/bt_goindex.php? … mit=Search

There is a Guide available on filling in the form

Thanks, I have gone thru it and not sure which form to select. Is there an hasil email address where we can write our concerns?

Using the LHDN/Hasil link provided above:

Look for the heading NON RESIDENT INDIVIDUAL (it's the only possible choice as you were tax non-resident in 2018 ie were in Malaysia less than 182 days because 1st August to 31st December there are not enough days to make total of 182 days)

Gravitas wrote:
sunny2015 wrote:

Hello

My questions:
1. I will be submitting 2018 e-filing in LHDN online, which form do I need to select E-BE(Resident) or E-M (Non-Resident)M

**YOU ARE NON RESIDENT FOR TAX YEAR 2018 😁😁

** E-BE IS NOT THE CORRECT FORM FOR TAX YEAR 2018😁😁