Myself

Hello...My name is Gary Carlson, retired School Counselor from State College Pa. 64 year old fit gym rat looking to explore the rest of the world starting with South East Asia. The history, weather, people and economy are highlights. I'm a Minimalist who gave away all my stuff when I retired three years ago and travel as light as possible now. Arrived March 12th and have been dealing with lost luggage and payment reimbursement most of first week but have hit Robinson's Mall and had a bad Massage. Played some b-ball and stretched and slept a lot. People and weather are great. Gym finally tomorrow.  Although, I've been training hard in the states so the week off was beneficial.  Love Table Tennis and Frisbee also.  No TV or news anymore which is a blessing.  Free & Easy no mess dude leaving the USA behind. Capitalism is not my deal and White House occupants are Criminals who will be Convicts someday.
Hope to rent a quaint vermit free furnished space in Hanoi or Hoi An or Vung Tau in April. Any leads are welcomed of course. Look forward to meeting any Expats on my path. Thank you for your time.

Cordially,

Gary Carlson 😎🙏👊

Hope you posted on Vietnam forum, not gonna get much info here about 'Nam. Trump gonna be gone soon, Vietnam will be communist for the rest of your life.  Good luck.

Hello,

> @ Free&Easy: Your thread has been moved to the Vietnam forum.

All the best,

Diksha
Team Expat.com

Well, if you're in Sai Gon, you can do a day trip to Vung tau and have a preliminary look (leave in the morning, return in the evening) or spend a night or two (try to avoid the weekend).

There's a surplus of all types of accommodation.

If you're in Ha Noi, you can fly down to Da Nang, then travel down to Hoi An from there. Also, trains run down the coast as well if you're not in hurry.