Shipping to the Dominincan Republic

Does anyone know the most cost effective way to ship to Dominican Republic from Canada ?

Hi Darren, Jumbo grocery stores offers mailboxes (mailboxes etc.)  with Doral, Florida addresses where you can send items from Amazon or any other shipper. The item is shipped to the Doral, Florida address and forwarded on to your name and your D.R. address which is part of the Jumbo mail box set up.

I recently received an item in about 8 days that came out of New Jersey. There was a small $300 peso handling charge but because the item is under $200.00, there is no import duty.

Have you used any of the major shipping companies like UPS, Purolator ? They all seem to be really expensive.

What are you shipping?

And welcome to the forums.

We are looking to send a box of baseball equipment to Las Lagunas De Nisibón, La Altagracia, Dominican Republic.

Trying to pay it forward but the shipping rates I have gotten so far are outrageous.

Darren

I shipped a fuel pump from B.C. and it was $50.00....

Darren -  best way is to get on Facebook and ask who is coming to the DR. Ask them to bring a suitcase of humanitarian goods.

They will need to get a letter of authorization from the airline ahead of time.  Its free!  Once here we can get it into the right hands.

If you need help contact me privately.

I am getting quotes from $ 300.00 - $ 900.00 to ship a standard moving box.

Will get it there regardless but will be able to send more to help out if we can

AND thank you for wanting to give back!  That is awesome.

We do what we can...wish it was more but we have acquired 9 baseball gloves, 8 baseballs, batting helmet, bases, foot ball, soccer ball, tennis balls and a frisbee. Hoping that will bless a few families that are in need.

Just wanting to also check how to properly write a DR address. Can you send an example of how they are written ?

Darren

You dont write an address honey.  Nothing here will be "mailed" as such.  Otherwise it will disappear.   

Courier costs way too much.  When you send it with someone, you make sure they know how to contact the person on this end. Then a meeting is arranged and items exchanged.  THEN the person here can arrange delivery personally to where you want it to go.

From NYC, you can send via a ‘mudanza'....
Awilda Shipping is my choice

Comes by boat .. door to door..about 2-3 weeks

Toronto and Montreal have Peralta Bros

And Planner...mail works in la Rep Dom
My government checks arrived in Cabrera.... several

I have since switched to direct deposit...
But the system works with an address...
in my vase it was a house name and pueblito...nothing more

WOW,  I have only heard the other type of stories.   In fact one that I remember well was a Christmas card that arrived   26 months late.......LOL

Thanks to everyone for all of your input.

I think we are going to just suck it up and send via Purolator as we need it to show up and on time.

The fellow we are sending the sports equipment to is also getting some surprise baby clothes, diapers/wipes/cream for a new arrival expected to arrive in a week. Because of this we need it to arrive ASAP.

Thanks again everyone.

Darren

planner wrote:

WOW,  I have only heard the other type of stories.   In fact one that I remember well was a Christmas card that arrived   26 months late.......LOL

Cabrera.... not too large a population....not STI or SD