What to bring? TV

Hi there.
I've seen severals posts related to this but my main issue is finding the prices of things in DR.
I have a 55” OLED TV from LG and was wondering if I'll ship on the AirVan with other stuff or if it's better to buy a new one over there in DR.
It costs here in Brazil around 64000 Dominican Pesos. But I can't find the price of it there :(

Is there any reliable websites where I can search these items? Electronics, Appliances, Furniture, etc.

Thank you!

L&R Comercial has a Linux 55" for 40,000

https://www.lyrcomercial.com/producto/t … hls-sslim/

I would still bring yours

Pricemart has lots and lots of tv's and other things,  check the pricing:

https://www.pricesmart.com/site/do/es/categorias

PriceSmart, Plaza Llama, Jumbo, Corripio, IKEA, Ilumel - all of these tend to have updated websites with correct inventory and pricing.

Thank you all so much!!
So I managed to find my TV in some of those and its 50000 more expensive in DR. So definitely bringing mine.

Are you bringing items in with an exoneration? I know from your introduction post that you are coming here for work - not sure if the work visa allows for an exoneration of import duty on personal items like residency does.

If no exoneration, you might have some hefty taxes on top of the shipping costs.

I'll have the work + resident visa. So I believe it should do.

Joao Zaccardi wrote:

I'll have the work + resident visa. So I believe it should do.

If you are bringing stuff tax free as I see you are coming with resident visa will be fine to bring your tv, but If this is not the case better buy it here, The TV has a taxation arround 48% of its value.  I have a friend that works clearing containers with custom and he told me never again he will make the mistake of bringing a TV from aboard.

I  believe that it is one or the other, its either a work visa  or a residency visa, but not both. I am not sure what a work visa allows you to bring in!

planner wrote:

I  believe that it is one or the other, its either a work visa  or a residency visa, but not both. I am not sure what a work visa allows you to bring in!

My guess is Work Visa do not let you bring anything because is something temporary always.

I decided to bring 3 boxes of clothes. It got stuck in customs and we had to pay taxes for it. In hindsight it might have had been better to not bring it after all the trips to the customs and money we had to pay. If it doesnt fit in the suitcase - might be better to let it stay at home if you dont have the residency visa.