Becoming an expat living permanently in French Polynesia

Hey,  This is Ray.  Can anyone tell me how difficult it is to become a citizen of french Polynesia?  I have no interest in having an extended visa requiring me to leave the islands and return to the US.  This would be a one way street.  Please assume that my finances would sustain me until I check out.  I might need to use the health care scene if I stub my toe or something else.  Thanks Ray G.

IaOrana Ray,
I am an expat living on the island of Tahiti in the district of Papeari. I moved here after I sold my medical business. If you want to become a citizen, it takes a while, like 4-5 years.  You will be required to show financial proof that you can sustainably afford to live here (can't be working here).  Also, you must obtain commercial medical insurance as part of the process. I do not have current information about the process today as it has been a number of years since I went through it, so you should talk to a French Consulate to get the most current process. There are a number of them in the USA. 
Take care.
Nana,
Manarii Tane (Steve)

Many thanks, Sir.

Hi! I'm living in French Polynesia since 1 year. Yeah it is quite expensive to stay here but this place is totally beautiful. I had been to Tahiti Island through Tahiti Surf  Beach Paradise and then got to know how beautiful the island and the place is. There are certain issues i got to know like:

Medication Laws - Plenty of pot might be experienced childhood in the slopes, yet ownership and utilization of perilous medications and opiates are liable to long correctional facility terms.

Power - Electrical power is 220 volts, 50 cycles, and the attachments are the French kind with two rounds, thin prongs. Most lodgings have 110-volt outlets for shavers just, so you will require a converter and connector plugs for different machines. A few inns, particularly those on the external islands, have their very own generators, so ask at the front counter what voltage is provided.

Crises - If you are in an inn, contact the staff. Something else, the crisis police telephone number is tel. 17 all through the domain.

Best of luck dear!

Hi,
The power is actually 60 cycles, not 50 cycles and is 220 volts
Manarii Tane (Steve)