Retirement

Hi All,
My partner and I are from the uk and will be visiting Spain Alicante  in February to view properties for retirement. Our problem is we haven't found the right area yet,this will be our fourth viewing trip to Spain, Estate agents are a little cautious in detailing the good and not so good areas to live. We quite like Murcia and Alicante.  Our requirements are, We would like to be inland but not far from the coast by car .To be walking distance to amenities. An area where there are expats to socialize with.Scenic views to admire and wake up to. Preferably  a detached 3 bed villa.Our budget is 150k - 200k.Could anyone recommend an area that meets our requirements? Thank you .

You should maybe explore the Costa Tropical too.  Malaga is the nearest airport.

I can't say I know the area you mention very well but I stayed in Calpe, flying to Alicante last October and I must say it was quite pleasant and relaxed, even though there were a lot of high rise Apartment blocks. Also there were quite a few Brits there, all of whom seemed pretty friendly.
I went on a couple of coach trips and the surrounding area all appeared to be nice and relaxed, but a bit more rural.
Property prices seemed quite high to me, but maybe would be open to offers.

I hope this helps.

Ron

well - try Google search on
'expats in costa blanca spain'
starting at  expatfocus.com/expatriate-spain-costa-blanca
regards...