Information on Onil, Alicante

Hi !

Having searched the internet for the last 2 days i've been unfortunate in obtaining information on the town of Onil. Can anybody help with answering some questions please?

- What is the approximate charges for IBI (council tax) on a 3 bedroom townhouse?

- Does the town of Onil have it's own spanish state school and what are the school hours? (currently my children attend school 9.00 - 2.00)

- Is there anything I should be aware of before purchasing within mainland Spain compared to that in the canary islands?

I am a single mum with 2 daughters age 7 and 8 and have lived here in Fuerteventura for the last 6 months. The lifestyle here is very laid back and the weather is always amazing however with my children getting older the apartment we live in isnt practical for long term living.
The good news is property prices have risen here so I can cash in for something bigger within mainland Spain! Onil looks very appealing.

Any informaton is greatly appreciated.
Muchas Gracias
Chantelle

Try searching with the following.  It is info about schools

informacion Onil, Alicante escuelas

If you search in Spanish you should find quite a lot of the info you are seeking

Hi I have 2 town houses in onil the sumas on each is about 130€   not sure about the schools but I am sure there must be some as it is a reasonable size town ,
Please note it can be quite cold during the winter due to the altitude,
Onil is well connected to the motorway so great for trips to the beach
Good luck with the move

Chantelle I live between the UK and Onil commuting back to the UK spending 4 days in Onil and four in the UK.

Onil is lovely. It is a nice little town, well laid out, clean and well managed. I cant remember what my yearly charges are but I believe they are in the region of 200 Euros but I'm in a flat.

There is a primary and a secondary school in Onil and these are within walking distance of all points of the town..

The town has all the basic facilities and more. If there is anything you cant find in Onil, Castalla which is five minutes away will have it.

Weather wise it can get very hot in the summer. Winters can be extremely cold - houses are rarely insulated here in Spain so you feel the cold more. However this winter has been very mild as was last year if I remember correctly.

Come and visit Onil - it really is a a great little place and I think particularly for a family.