Driver's license - Please help

Hi Guys

I need direction please... I am very confused about the process to get a driver's license in Saudi...
I read so mamy different posts on the internet regarding the application that i dont know where to start... all differ... some say you must go for lessons, others say no need.. some say diving school will assist.. other say even if you can drive the driving school will make you take lessons just to get money... especially with my accent...
Can someone please give me some guidance on the steps...
I have a South African driver's license, which i converted to an inter driver's license before i came across.

I got my license 10 days ago first you have to visit license center first they check your driving skill and than they will give you A b according to your skill than they will give you time may be after 10'20'30'40'50 days then they give you license for ten days of driving and after that they will give you a little time difference probably 2 or 7 days then they will take your exam will check your driving if you will passed then you will go to computer exam its about traffic rules and signals after this they will call you next day and take your medical test and they they will tell you to wait and here is your license

Thank you... so I must go to test my skills before I go for medicals etc? Is there any need for Driving lessons?

Follow the below steps

1- Make medical tests in a certified hospital ( blood test & optometry or Eye examination .. etc ) .... Just visit any certified hospital and ask them for making driving license medical tests.

2 - After finishing step # 1 .... Visit any of Dallah centers ( the nearest to your location) to submit license request. they will provide you all the instructions & process . You will buy the forms of requisitions from the offices beside or inside dallah center then fill and submit.

3 - Take your home country driving license and inform them that you have it.

4 - Don't forget to take photos of you ( white background / official ).

5 - Submitting all your documents in Dallah center.

6 - In case you have a driving license from your home country they will ask you to attend only 1 training lecture to be prepared for the computer test. this supposed to be done within maximum 3 days .. they will inform you the date ( I made it in the same day depends on the rush they have) .. however if you don't have driving license from you home country that means you will have to go to driving school at least for 2 / 3 weeks

7 - After finishing step# 5 ... They will inform you about the driving test date.

8 - In case of you passed the driving test they will ask you to attend the computer test within the same day (depends on the rush they have).

9 - In case you passed both tests ( driving & Computer ) you will be able to receive your driving licenses with in maximum 3 days.

10 - The whole process will take average of maximum 1 working week and that depends on the waiting list / rush of the candidates

finally I have finished my driving license in just 3 days. so don't feel so hard about this issue ... just proceed ....

Awesome!!!! Thank you so much... i will start tomorrow with the medical tests and photos... and get done as soon possible...

Good Luck  :)

Dear Brother,

The steps are

1- Fill the license form available online, take blood group test and eye test from any certified clinic/Hospital.

2- Register for the national address in address.gov.sa, take a print of your National address (2 Copies - One when form submitting, second when giving last demo of reverse parking).

3- Carry your Iqama copy, Passport copy and Visa page copy Plus two PP size photographs with white background.

4- Got to nearest Dallah Driving school office and submit the form with above mentioned copies.

5- Then you have to go for drive test, here there are Sections A, B, C, D.

A - You don't know driving at all
B - Knows driving but problem in reverse driving
C - Knows reverse driving but problem in reverse parking
D - Everything is Ok - (But still you have to give 10 Demo of reverse parking here for 10 days with 10 stamps on your form with date)

First day you have to go Class A compulsory, depending on your skills they will send you to A or B or C...If you are good in driving, reverse driving and reverse parking too you will be sent to Section C where the instructor checks your reverse parking skills (Remember you have to park in the specific steps which they teach there...you can have idea by looking at other persons parking there).

6- If you reverse park in the perfect manner you will get CLASS-A stamp on your form, it means that you are qualified to go for Section D.

7- In Section D you have to give perfect reverse parking for 10 days (Compulsory - sometimes 8 days).

8- In addition to 10 Stamps from Section D on your form, 10 Stamps from computer class are also COMPULSORY on your form. i.e. 10 Computer class stamps and 10 reverse parking demo (Section D) stamps.

9- Once you have 10 - 10 stamps from computer and reverse parking, the manager will give date for drive test and computer test.

10- Even slight mistake in final exam, they will give one week (compulsory 7 days) training in Section D.

10- Remember you can attend only 3 computer classes initially, for remaining 7 classes you have to qualify Section C...meaning you can attend remaining 7 computer test classes only when you are in section D.

Good thread.  If anyone can also add the process for license conversion from other GCC licences, I will ask for it to be made into a sticky.

ThellOne wrote:

Follow the below steps

1- Make medical tests in a certified hospital ( blood test & optometry or Eye examination .. etc ) .... Just visit any certified hospital and ask them for making driving license medical tests.

2 - After finishing step # 1 .... Visit any of Dallah centers ( the nearest to your location) to submit license request. they will provide you all the instructions & process . You will buy the forms of requisitions from the offices beside or inside dallah center then fill and submit.

3 - Take your home country driving license and inform them that you have it.

4 - Don't forget to take photos of you ( white background / official ).

5 - Submitting all your documents in Dallah center.

6 - In case you have a driving license from your home country they will ask you to attend only 1 training lecture to be prepared for the computer test. this supposed to be done within maximum 3 days .. they will inform you the date ( I made it in the same day depends on the rush they have) .. however if you don't have driving license from you home country that means you will have to go to driving school at least for 2 / 3 weeks

7 - After finishing step# 5 ... They will inform you about the driving test date.

8 - In case of you passed the driving test they will ask you to attend the computer test within the same day (depends on the rush they have).

9 - In case you passed both tests ( driving & Computer ) you will be able to receive your driving licenses with in maximum 3 days.

10 - The whole process will take average of maximum 1 working week and that depends on the waiting list / rush of the candidates

finally I have finished my driving license in just 3 days. so don't feel so hard about this issue ... just proceed ....

Please note that this was the "old" procedure. What I heard from a friend who is also applied for driver's license recently, ALL applicants will go through the same process (with or without driver's license from country of origin) which means 10 days lecture, 10 days practical driving, 10 days parallel parking, 1 final practical/parallel driving with a police officer, 1 time simulation driving, and computer test. But steps 1-5 remain the same. Good luck.

Hi guys...

I am going tomorrow for my 1st appointment... hopefully only... was there yesterday to open file and all paperwork in order... Instructor said if i can show i can drive i will get license straigjt away... wishfull thinking... But I so hope...
Will update here

Guys... in all honesty... i dont know what the process is... but i just got my license... no lessons, no tests, just drove in a circle and done...
Obviously with relevant documentation...
Iqama and copy of
Originally south African license, translated and copy of
Copy of passport and visa
Blood test
Eye test
400 Riyal
Done

Dawief2604 wrote:

Guys... in all honesty... i dont know what the process is... but i just got my license... no lessons, no tests, just drove in a circle and done...
Iqama and copy of
Originally south African license, translated and copy of
Blood test
Eye test
400 Riyal
Done

Wow, congrats brother.

Thank you Brother... as said, don't ask me what i did, i couldn't understand the guys half the time... all i know is that i am searching for a car...

Dawief2604 wrote:

Iqama and copy of
Originally South African license, translated and a copy of
Blood test
Eye test
400 Riyal
Done

You are very lucky :) I just did it 3 days ago. I got to go through 10 days within 2 weeks. And 1 day for computer test and driving test.
Looks like depending which country of origin your driving license. Mostly 3rd world country required to that process. I'm from Indonesia and my friend from Malaysia. He just needs to do driving license transfer only.  :D:D:D

Can someone please let us know the timing of the classes if we have to take them - are evening classes available?

It is very difficult to take classes during normal working hours if we have to attend so many classes. Anybody who knows about this, please help.

Hi Stan...Depending on which country you from... they just issued me a new license. Ik from south africa... it might be that you are worried for no reason... i went day one to get a file opened... copy of passport, copy of iqama, copy of drivers license ( and a translation thereof) and original drivers license...
Day 2 i drove in a circle and they issued me a license...

StanHarris wrote:

Can someone please let us know the timing of the classes if we have to take them - are evening classes available?

It is very difficult to take classes during normal working hours if we have to attend so many classes. Anybody who knows about this, please help.

Sunday-Tursday 08:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Saturday: 08:00 AM - 12:00 NN

Sad to say that there is no evening classes.

Thanks Dawief2604. I will go there and check. Hope it's not much of a hassle.

Sanchoboy wrote:
StanHarris wrote:

Sunday-Tursday 08:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Saturday: 08:00 AM - 12:00 NN

Sad to say that there is no evening classes.

Thank you very much Sanchoboy for providing the timings. Very helpful information.