Visa Extension at PF

Hi all,

Hope you are well

I was hoping you would be able to clarify some questions I have regarding a visa extension at the PF.

1. My yearly visa allowance renews on 7th feb 2019, giving me a 90 day visa.
2. I will be arriving in Brazil on 8th Feb 2019 and will stay in Brazil for around 60 days.
3. I want to extend my visa so that I am able to stay in Brazil at various times during the year but for a maximum of 180 days.
4. I am aware I can get a 90 day extension on my 90 day entry visa at PF

what I wanted to find out is can I get the visa extended on my trip in Feb where i will only be staying for 60 days?

If this is possible will I lose the 30 days left on my entry visa allowance or will I have 30 + 90 days extension left?

Once I have used up my 180 days with the extension, is there a specific amount of time that I have to wait before I can re-enter Brazil, or can I just wait for my yearly allowance to renew again on 7 Feb 2020 and do the same process again?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Ikex

My understanding is that you don't need to extend.  If you leave after 60 days, when you come back, you'll get another 90 days; if you leave after those 90 days, on your third trip, you'll get 30 days.
As long as you arrive after February 7, 2019, your new calculation year will start on your actual day of arrival.

Abthree,

Thank you for the reply

It would be great if that is the case, but I think it is different for (UK) citizens and according to the Brazilian Embassy.

The reason I say this is because I entered on 7 Feb 2018, and spent 2 weeks in Brazil, followed by another 3 weeks and then 2 months.

When I contacted the embassy in London  they said I had overstayed my visa by 8 days (98 days - although I was notified of this when I left Brazil) as I did not go to the PF to extend my visa for an additional 90 days, and because of this if I arrive in Brazil before my allowance renews on 7 Feb 2019, more than likely I won't be allowed to enter the country?

I know the maximum days I can stay in Brazil is 180 days in 365.

This is why I'm confused, with varying information I'm receiving.

Thanks again