VISA for work in manila

Hey Guys!
Greetings from India. Hope you're having a great day.

I have received an offer and the company says I'll need to apply for a tourist visa first which will help in receiving the AEP quicker.

Is it True that it is easier and faster to process your Alien Employment Permit (AEP) if we apply first for a Tourist Visa?

How is the work visa process in Philippines, can anyone elaborate?
Also if we apply for a tourist visa, I read it is compulsory to show the return ticket, Does that also mean that I have to travel back home? Then how can the tourist visa be converted to a work visa?

I want to know the proper procedure for obtaining work visa quickly and the what are the documents required for that?

Also how much time does it take to get a work visa?

Urgent help required, thanks in advance.

Adyyy wrote:

Hey Guys!
Greetings from India. Hope you're having a great day.

I have received an offer and the company says I'll need to apply for a tourist visa first which will help in receiving the AEP quicker.

Is it True that it is easier and faster to process your Alien Employment Permit (AEP) if we apply first for a Tourist Visa?

How is the work visa process in Philippines, can anyone elaborate?
Also if we apply for a tourist visa, I read it is compulsory to show the return ticket, Does that also mean that I have to travel back home? Then how can the tourist visa be converted to a work visa?

I want to know the proper procedure for obtaining work visa quickly and the what are the documents required for that?

Also how much time does it take to get a work visa?

Urgent help required, thanks in advance.

Hi Adyyy, welcome to the forum. Now I am no expert on your query by any means but I have been recruited and worked in PH a couple of times for 6 month work stints as a film technician and the company I contracted to took care of everything. Yes I came in both times on a 21 day tourist visa (30 days now).
I, within a day or 2 handed over my passport to our HR department and they did the rest, passport returned in a couple of days with a work visa for 59 days or there about, every 7 or 8 weeks we would hand our passports over again for a further extension for work. The company I worked for paid for everything including cash for exit clearance once the project was complete and left the country.

BTW from Australia and many other countries there is no paperwork and one is automatically granted a 30 day tourist visa. Check your countries status for this.

Hope this helps.

Cheers, Steve.

Thank you so much Steve! Not only it cleared my doubt but I also got to understand that it is not as difficult as I was anticipating.

I have a question though, what documents are required to get the work visa?
Do they ask for previous company's work documents from home country?

Once again thanks

Hi Steve,

Good day. You mean the work visa just stamped on your passport? What type of visa you are holding? 9g, 47a2? or EO226. A working visa here in the Philippines is valid for a minimum of 1 year and maximum of 3 years. Does your company provided some you supporting documents issued by the Bureau of Immigration.?

Cheers,
Libra.

Hi Adyy,

Greetings!

Since you are a restricted national you will need to secure first a tourist/business entry visa before traveling the country. You will also need to have a return ticket to present to the Immigration airport. A rebook able ticket will suffice.
Once you are already in the country the company HR will coordinate with you regarding of your working visa. They will let you sign documents that are required by the Dole and Bureau of Immigration for the visa processing. The type of visa as well as the processing time line will be depend on the registration of the company. If the company is PEZA registered the estimated process will take 30-35 business including with AEP card, while if the company is SEC registered the estimated process will take 3-4 months depends for approval of the authorities, the process is included with AEP, PWP, 9G and ACR card. Please note that during the process of visa your tourist/business visa must be extended.
Cheers!
Libra