Relocating to Letterkenny, Donegal Province, Ireland

Hi All

I am, an Indian National currently working in America as a software Proffessional. I recently accepted an offer from Ireland and my work permit is in process.I just want to understand how the cost of living is in Letterkenny compared to that of Dublin or other major cities.Also, would like to know about the weather, Entertainments in the Letterkenny region. As i do not know any one in ireland i would like to make few good friends who would be helpful in giving suggestions, recommendations in ireland.

Cheers
Vam

Hi Vam and welcome to the Forum.

The data is a bit sketchy, but the Numbeo website has some data you can compare; this link will take you there.

Despite the scarcity of data related to Letterkenny, my own experience is that Dublin is extremely expensive.  With regards to the weather, there is one word that generically describes the whole country's climate - rain and when it's not raining, it's generally preparing for more rain.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team.

Thanks for the response Cynic.

Hi VamMat,
I'm an Indian currently residing & working in London. I'm quite in a same boat as you are/were in. I have a job offer from Ireland & I have decided to move for good. My work permit is in process and I should get it anytime soon.
I understand following the work permit there's a visa process. I am quite keen to understand or listen to your tips &/or journey for the Visa process.

Hope you can spare some time out & share something that would help me in my Visa process.

-Abhi

Hey Abhi, Please reach out to me at ***

Moderated by Bhavna 5 years ago
Reason : Contact details should not be posted on the forum but rather exchanged through the private messaging system. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Thanks for your quick response mate. I have dropped you a note though.

-Abhi