A Vista Revolving Payment

Hey All, been a long time since I jumped in the mix.
Can anyone or does anyone have any idea how this works. I have tried several major national department stores and local stores trying to purchase a  stove, washing machine , the stores accept Mastercard. My cards are USA issued. The problem  is the cards will not run A Vista, the stores give me every lame excuse and nothing factual, I called my bank and my bank says no problem with time payments, the Mastercard folks say no problem. The Stores all have a problem. Please help with facts and no maybe's or surmises. For the Rejection is really taking its toll on me ....thanks in advance....

I've had this problem, and stopped trying to use credit cards for major purchases as a result.   Merchants who would accept the card - and not all would - have told me that they'd extend the credit price but not the cash price, to cover the card charges on their side of the transaction.
The store where we buy nutritional supplements gives us a discount, but a smaller one than for cash, for the same reason.