Motorbike licence

how do i go about getting a Vietnamese motorbike driving licence in Vung Tau?
I want to be legal for insurance purposes.
I have a full UK licence covering all sizes of bike.
I want to drive a 125 Honda SH.

This may help.  https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advic … d-security

Vietnamese authorities have agreed that, between September 2018 and 28 March 2019 , the holders of UK issued International Driver's Permits or UK domestic driving licences will be allowed to drive cars or ride motorbikes in Vietnam. After 28 March 2019, British visitors wishing to drive cars or ride motorbikes in Vietnam will need to present both their UK domestic driver's licence and a UK issued International Driver's Permit. Long term UK residents of Vietnam can apply for a Vietnamese driving licence. A Vietnamese driving licence can only be issued to a foreign national in possession of a Vietnamese visa valid for 3 months or more. Applications for a Vietnamese driving licence can be made at the local offices of the Department of Public Works and Transportation.

thanks for the info
very helpful.
can I ask - where did you get this info?

I had read that an IDL was no longer valid (this was last year)

You can contact Ms.Hue (***) she may consult for you.

Moderated by Bhavna 5 years ago
Reason : Contact details should not be posted on the forum but rather exchanged through the private messaging system. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct
drybones wrote:

thanks for the info
very helpful.
can I ask - where did you get this info?

I had read that an IDL was no longer valid (this was last year)

Check my post, it has the link attached.

thanks

yes, i read that . thanks.
I was actually wondering about the Vietnamese version so I could show the police if required on the off chance they could not read and understand the English version.

I suggest you also carry a photo copy of the law (in VN) and photo of your UK/international licence. never hand over the original or you wont get it back until you pay some....bonus...

that was my plan. thanks.
still have not found the VN version yet.
I will keep looking.