Bus from TSN international airport.

Anyone know is there bus service direct from TSN international to Vung Tau. Where the bus station and their schedude. Thx.

Here's a similar discussion from Dec 2017. You may find some good leads there.
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=742945
Cheers!

I've always used Huy Hoang although there are many other companies (my niece prefers Phat Loc An). 

All of Huy Hoang "limousines"(9-seater vans to be precise) are new and sparkling clean, with strong wifi, and the drivers are either early or on time, never late.  I like that the drivers always give me a courtesy call before pick up time to make sure I would be ready.

At TSN, they'll pick you up outside of arrival gate and drop you off in front of your house / apartment / hotel in Vung Tau (vice versa if you leave from Vung Tau for TSN).  The cost is 160K.  If I'm not mistaken, the first van leaves TSN at 5AM and the last one at 7PM.  THe frequency is every 30 minutes.

Their tel number: 096 1888844

Other companies charge a bit less.  FUTA (Phuong Trang) is a whole lot less, but they don't drop you at your front door.

Thanks all for the info.

That tel is their hotline.  In Vung Tau, you should call the two numbers that start with 0254 (check their website).

Ciambella wrote:

Their tel number: 096 1888844

Other companies charge a bit less....... but they don't drop you at your front door.

How well will this number work for someone who doesn't speak Vietnamese?

I suppose you could show the driver where your front door is on your phone but that could be tough too.  I have noticed that Vietnamese are not good map readers but tend to navigate based on past experience.

The office speaks English so ordering the van to pick you up at the house isn't a problem.  On the way back from TSN or from a designated pick up point in Saigon (no company would pick you up at your house in Saigon), you don't give the driver your address in Vung Tau until the van is at a rest stop and he collects the fare.  No phone conversation is needed.

All the drivers (taxi and shuttle van) I've been using in Saigon and Vung Tau use GPS either on their own phone or a second phone attached onto the dashboard.  In the 18 months we lived in Saigon,  I was with drivers who couldn't find the destination twice, once in Tân Định and the other time in Phú Nhuận.  Both times, the street ran across two phường with the same street number on both phường and I didn't know on which phường the business was located.

Vung Tau is not big enough for drivers to be lost.  Most of them know the businesses and landmarks around whatever destination you give them. 

Yesterday, I asked a taxi driver to take us to "the yellow apartment building near Nguyen Kim store" and he replied, "the entrance next to the Post Office?"  I told him I didn't pay attention to the Post Office so I couldn't be sure, but it's the entrance across from Vinaphone. 

Another time, I asked another driver to take us to "the place on Nguyen Thai Hoc where they sell plants that grow in water" (Nguyen Thai Hoc has several plant stores, not all sell plants that grow in water). 

A husband and wife fruit vendor asked me once where I live.  I gave them the name of the street.  The husband asked me whether I live anywhere near "the inspector's house".  Yes, as a matter of fact, he's right next door and he happens to be my nephew-cum-landlord's adversary, but I didn't tell them the latter part.

When we go out to eat, all we do is to give the name of the restaurant instead of the address.  Many restaurants in Vung Tau are known by two or three names -- the name over the door, the name of the owner/cook and signature dish, and the name of the tree under which the restaurant is located.  Any of those names is fine with the drivers here.

Another of the advantages of living in a small town.   :top: