Shipping personal items to Huahine

Can anybody offer advice on how to ship personal items, currently located in Ensenada, Mexico to Huahine?  I don't have anything very large (no furniture) - it's mainly clothes, kitchen items, sports equipment.  I'm estimating everything will fit into a container approximately 1.5 meters x 2.5 m x 3 m.  Any ideas on shipping companies, storage facilities in any of the islands (where the items can be stored while I search for a home), or other cost effective shipping methods will be helpful.

Hi AlishaG,

Welcome to Expat.Com

The forum seems a bit inactive, hopefully you will get some feedbacks. You could still contact the professionals recommended in the Moving companies in French Polynesia section to enquire.

All the best,
Bhavna

IaOrana,
I just found your post today. I moved to Papeari on the island of Tahiti from Florida a bunch of years ago and I used NEX shipping. There is no "cost effective" shipping to Tahiti. - it's all expensive. I don't remember the exact total cost, but I shipped a half container and it was in the neighborhood of $25,000 US dollars which included pickup and delivery. If you are shipping routine items, it might just be less expensive to buy new items in French Polynesia.
Take care.
Nana,
Manarii Tane (Steve)

Hi Steve,

You're right, I got quotes from moving companies and they are all insane.  I am planning to move with a couple of suitcases and buy whatever else I need there. 

Thank you,
Al.