Residence Visa & Marriage

Hi
I need some advise, am looking on lots of different web pages & the jargon is driving me crazy.

So a little bout my story 1st.
On a visit early this year I met my fiancé, he works in Rak & holds a residence Visa (Moroccan National)
I can visit rak on a Regular basis and stay up to 30 days a time (on my UK passport)

We would like to plan our marriage in Ras al khaima but..

1st issue is
It seems I need a residence visa in rak to marry there. Is this a definate requirment  ?
Dubai seems easier to marry but im unsure if they will allow him to marry there holding a residence visa in Rak?
I have seen various adds stating get a 2 year visa easily, but i have no idea where from or how without getting a job in Rak ad are they legal ?

2nd issue is
The uae require a male family member to attend the courts to allow me to marry, but my father is deceased & lived in Greece (Greek national) who i hardly knew.
i'm currently awaiting his death certificate to be forwarded to me via family in Greece.
I have no uncles and a son of 18 who cannot get the time off university to travel.
i am 45 years old, have never married & have been told it may be possible to represent myself due to my age?
It states on the uae websites that in some circumstances the courts can appoint someone there to act as my guardian & we have 2 witnesses again not sure what to do here ?

The plan is for him to continue to work there & me travel back and forth from the UK until we decide which country to set up home in UK UAE or MOROCCO & rent an apartment once married to live together when i am in UAE.

I am self employed I run an online business using e commerce websites ( mainly selling high end skin care & ladies underwear (new obviously) , my business pretty much runs itself , barring actually packing and posting items. Which I contract out when I travel. So i am a free to travel.

3rd question is is there a way of setting up a company there selling my items ? not sure as its underwear mainly and if so where do i start ?

Any advise would be greatly apreciated im driving myself crazy reading different articles on google & the imformation is conflicting :/

Help !!

Hi. Under Sharia law, you are required to have a male guardian present at your marriage, if it is the first time that you are getting married.. A male guardian could be either of the following; your father, paternal uncle (not maternal) or brother of legal age..  It could be so that this requirement could be overlooked on request (a huge 'could be') due to your age but in this case, your best shot would be at Dubai Courts. Regardless, you would first have to go to RAK Court and find out whether or not they can accomodate your case.. The way to accomodate your case would be to appoint the State as your Wali (Guardian) for your Nikah (marriage).

You however, can get married on a visit visa (or the entry stamp on your passport) provided your to be spouse is here on a residence visa.. My recommendation is to approach RAK Courts and explain the situation as high up the chain as possible (do make sure you have all required documentation and supporting documentation handy on you) .. You would also both need to get a medical fitness test which would be submitted with your documents at the time given by the court for your marriage..

Hi can you help me please ? I am from London and in a Relationship with a Moroccan man from Rabat And we won't to get married but we don't know how to go about it or what information is required. What are the requirements / paper's and How do you find this information out. ?

Hi
I can help u in this

Well:

1) Only one of the partners need to have residency.  So you can get married on a visit visa
2) The 2 year "Free visa" is illegal.  Basically it is someone who has spare visas in a company and they are selling them.  In the eyes of the law you would be working for that company if you get a visa - practically you are free to do whatever you want; hence the ambiguous legality
3) You need a guardian.  But as already mentioned, there are potential options which you can discuss with RAK courts
4) You can set up a company in the UAE relatively easily.  For most expats, the easiest option is to set it up in a freezone.  But this is not a cheap option and depending on free zone, you may end up paying anywhere from 25K AED to 45K AED as annual recurring costs to keep the company alive

Thank you.. ok i do not have a paternal uncle as my father was the only son. Nor do i have a brother or cousin on my dads side. My mothers side i do but again my mother and i have not had contact with them for years so this isnt an option either. My son is 18 but getting time off university would be very difficult.

My partner thinks due to his work being in rak and residence there also. The only emirate we could marry is rak is this true ?

Help

The first option is RAK. No other court will accept your case unless RAK refuses to take it and asks you to check in another.. For that, you will have to approach RAK Court first, and let them provide you with further options.. Hopefully, you will resolve the situation with RAK court itself.. Good luck

As mentioned, the jurisdiction is RAK.

What I am confused about is why do you want to get married in UAE to begin with.  Wouldn't it be easier for you two to get married in the UK or even Morocco for that matter?

Once you have the marriage documents, you can get them attested from respective authorities and utilize those to get a UAE residence visa.  It is standard process and doesn't have any difficulty.  And you can have the ceremony in the UAE still - just the legal aspects of marriage can be finalized in a country that is more suitable for your circumstances.

Unfortunately uk is a nightmare for entry they don't make it easy & morrocco will be the next option. It's just morrocco takes about 3 weeks of running around where as dubai seems simpler 😭 plus he needs the time off work ..

UK nightmare for entry?  that's strange.  I don't need a visa to visit the UK now but in the past, I have never had any issues getting one and my birth nationality is pretty much the worst to get entry clearance for :).  Tons of friends and relatives and colleagues from all sorts of nationalities in the GCC also have had no problems whatsoever.  If it was the US or even some schengen countries, then I would agree but not the UK - and definitely not when you are resident here in the GCC and gainfully employed in a professional capacity.   At least not for visit visas.  Fiancee & settlement visas are another matter altogether as they want to make sure that it is a genuine marriage and not just an effort to get a UK passport.

For marriage, UAE is no less running around by the way.  At least in Morocco, the processes are a bit more flexible depending on who you know.