Final Contract from MOE

Hi,is there someone here on the same boat with me? I received my offer letter from the Ministry of Education last June 26,2019 and I am currently waiting for the final contract.Do you have any idea as to what is the timeframe from the offer until you received your final contract?

Hi. Unfortunately things work very very differently out here in the UAE. To give you some idea, there is very little logic to the way things are done and it can often be a case of local workers putting new work on top of the inbox meaning if you were almost at the top of the inbox you're now somewhere in the middle.

It really can vary. I have heard of mere 3 month waits from offer to contract but mine was November to July!! About 9 months. I would realistically say 4-5 months is about right but it could be anywhere from 3-7months and in an extreme case 9!

There are many positives to working in the UAE for the MOE but one thing you must bear in mind when working with the locals. Almost all correspondence  is preferred to be done face to face. If they don't see your face you're nothing but a number so emails and phone calls often go un-actioned. I had to do several journeys to Abu Dhabi and Dubai offices to sort out important parts of the process that would have been sorted with a quick email/phone call back in the U.K but there is no point in getting frustrated about it. Just accept that's the culture here and do your best to get things done politely and respectfully and you will be fine.

Hope this helps and good luck. Ps. I supplied in the U.K. during those 9 months so I had no issue handing in notice.

Also sorry. You will get your contract not long before you fly (with Etihad) with your start date. It is written like you shouldn't trust it but it is genuine. You will get your final contract that you sign when you arrive in Abu Dhabi for your induction. There you will also be taken to get a phone contract and given a welcome pack which will tell you the emirate and school you have been assigned to. After 3 days in an Abu dhabi hotel you will be transferred to your Emirate and given 7-8 nights accommodation where you should spend that time organising your next accommodation. I stayed in a hotel for 3 months until I found the right apartment for me but everyone is different and some get together and share a villa straight away.

It can be extremely frustrating not having information given to you before you get here but that's just how things work here I'm afraid. It is genuine and you will definitely get here but how long it will take is hard to say. There is usually a July September, January and April intake but occasionally there can be other intakes too.

Thanks for the reply.I will take note of these things.I am hoping my contract would come sooner since I am here in the UAE already.I was employed in a private school before and now I am waiting for the contract.I am anxious as to when it will come since my 30 days grace period after cancellation of my previous residence visa is almost done.(sigh)

Ok yours is a bit different then. Have they hired you as “ local hire” or “expat hire” ? If your 30 days is nearly up all you need to do is drive across the Oman border at Hili in Al Ain and come back in again immediately. It's quite a quick process but the usual nerves crossing borders lol. Costs about aed100 or similar if I remember rightly. We had to do it for my wife. It's very common.

I was hired here.Anyway,for the exit thing, I am from Southeast Asia and my passport's not allowed to have an exit in Hili,Al Ain,my choice is to have A to A exit.I hope the most awaited contract will come asap to end my dilemma.

Hello, @Jonners and Ria. I am in the last stage of joining the MOE. How long does it take to get the visa after signing the final contract? Just got mine. I hope you see this1f600.svg.

@Jaybijo

Same herw i got my final contract 4 days ago but didnt mention how long does it take time to get the visa.

Do you have information? And did they tell you  when ia the joining date?

Hi, I got my visa and finished my paperwork and they keep on postponing the ticket date.!!

@allamabeer

How long did it take to get ur visa after receiving your final contract??

And when is your joining date???

I got the visa two months after signing the final contract. I got the visa end of July. My joining date was supposedly 1st of September. But they keep pushing my date. Did this happen to anyone here?

@allamabeer This is outrageous ! They tell us to wait for the initial contract , then final contract then visa then flight tickets and all these steps take months

@Ibrahim Nagi True! I applied for this job last October .

@allamabeer

Did you contact them and ask them why are they late?

If the visa is ready so what is the problem why didnt they ask you to travel?

Did you receive another official contract after receiving the visa?

@maya laz No I signed one contract a couple of months ago. I honestly don't know the reason for the delay. Very frustrating

Guys the problem is they are now making existing staff into the SLT positions

MOE/ADEK/eSe has to hire over 200 leadership positions for October. This includes Principals, VP's and Head of Faculty. They are getting that done before filling in the teaching  positions because some teachers will move up.

My contract still hasn't come through, I'm in the country. Visa ends soon, so I'll move back to the U.K. I give up

@Aysha Ismail why do you give up my friend

@Israel Barack

I've waited since May and I need to start working, so if that means going back to my home country then I will.