What you need to know about bringing your dog(s) to Bulgaria

Hi All.... hope to move lock-stock and -barrel to Bulgaria within the next few months and have several dogs to a rural/village location
whats the culture really like concerning dogs

Whats acceptable: (on my own property, traveling in the car/van, hiking/running etc.)?

Whats not acceptable: ?

What do I need to be aware of:
is there a restriction on the number of dogs, do they need to be muzzled when walking, any snakes etc. that pose a hazard?

Many Thanks

They all have dogs in the villages, they are usually chained up at the bottom of the garden. 

you will have to be careful when walking your dogs as-you will probably come across the local shepherds with their goats and sheep, also sometimes someone with a few cows.

There are snakes here, the most dangerous is the horned viper, worse month for snakes is June.  Also be aware of ticks, worse time is spring and Autumn. The snakes are often lying across the paths in the morning trying to warm up, otherwise they like long grass.

I treat my dogs against ticks every month as I walk them every day,  Once you work out the safest way to go you should be fine.

On your own property just make sure it is secure, I think  they do have a limit for number of. dogs on a property, but no one seems to take much notice .

There is a law that all dogs should be registered, if they are chipped and neutered  it's free, but, again, no one takes any notice,  My dogs are registered but probably the only ones in the village,

All the best with your move, I hope I haven't put you off, but better to be aware of the dangers.