Looking for someone to adopt a street cat

Hi there,

I am UK resident living in Byala in the Varna region of Bulgaria. For the last year I have gone out each day and fed some of the local street cats. There is one cat that has a damaged leg, and, when I found her about a year ago as a kitten, she was very thin and had sores all over her body, presumably because she could not hunt for food. Anyway, I have fed her everyday since then and - whilst she a bit of a scruff bucket - she is healthy and strong enough to survive two winters now. I call her Ragtag.

Sadly, I will be leaving Byala at the end of April, and, whilst the other cats I feed are capable of feeding themselves, Ragtag is not. If I do not find her a home then she will most likely slowly starve to death. I am a bit wary of Bulgarians as pet owners, so I'd love to find an ex-pat with a big heart who could provide Ragtag with a safe and loving home. She doesn't seem to be aggressive at all. I've seen her get bullied by another cat on a few occasions, and she just cowers. I expect that she would be a very appreciative cat for any future owner. I hope I can find someone. I would happily pay for any vet care needed if that was an obstacle.

Thank you.

Hello horrocksrk,

Welcome to expat.com!

There is one cat that has a damaged leg, and, when I found her about a year ago as a kitten, she was very thin and had sores all over her body, presumably because she could not hunt for food. Anyway, I have fed her everyday since then and - whilst she a bit of a scruff bucket - she is healthy and strong enough to survive two winters now.

That's so sweet of you1f60a.svg

You can create an advert in the Bulgaria classifieds section> Pets. Do provide pictures of the cats as well as a picture of her vaccine card.

Interested members will directly contact you after viewing your advert.

All the best,

Yoginee

Expat.com team

[DISCUSSION CLOSED]

Closed