Ideas about popular sightseeing and eatery places in Istanbul...

Hello everyone! Some foreign friends from Eastern Europe will soon be in Istanbul and I wanted to show them around. But, since Istanbul is a big city and they have limited time, can you please write your favourite spots to visit and spend time in Istanbul? I will look forward your recommendations. Thanks in advance!

Do you want historical places?? Restaurants??

Yes, please. I would like to see the both categories. Thanks!

For historical places: dolmabahce palace, galata tower, sulaiman mosque and the blue mosque, aya sofia, topkapi palace
Restaurants: assk kahve for breakfast, in bebek there are many beautiful restos with sea view.hafiz mustafa in taksim for sweets and desserts

Thanks Sawsan.m

Dont forget to come to Asian side much cheaper then European side. Hop onto ferry from Karakoy or Besiktas or Eminonue to Uskudar for 2.60 lira its about 10-15 mins ferry ride and explore the beauty of Uskudar stroll along Kiz Kulesi |Maiden Tower pier. Enjoy the fresh homemade food in the restaurants and cafetarias/ Try the stuffed cabbage and vine leaves and tripe soup, try  the traditional hamam for 100 lira . Visit the old ottoman mosques and fish market. Shopping in Kadikoy just a 10 mins bus ride from Uskudar. From Kadikoy you can take a ferry to Princes Island and visit the old city.

There are thousands of alternatives just as the others' say. My personal recommendation is "not" to try food in çiya restaurant in kadıköy. way far too expensive for it's service and food is not unique for its price