Cricket In Istanbul

Hi everyone,

There is an English lad who is cycling all the way from England to Australia to try and promote the best sport ever invented (cricket). That is 25,000km in 14 months - with a cricket bat!

He is in Istanbul tonight and has organized a game of cricket outside Haghia Sophia tomorrow at 14:00(Saturday 19 December).

If anyone is around and interested then please go and give him some support. Even if you don't know anything about cricket it should be a great spectacle.

You can find out more about it and follow him in other countries on his journey at Cycling to the Ashes.

Good luck Oli. We are proud of you!

Cheers

Barry

Hey Barry,
I'm kicking myself for seeing Oli's story a bit too late :mad: - any chance of teaming up again with other 'cricketers' in Istanbul?
I'm a cricket-crazy Indian, btw :) Have been in Istanbul for 5 months now and dying to turn my arm over, or just have a wild swing a-la Sehwag! :cool:

Cheers!
Aman

PS: Merry X'mas!!

Hi Aman,

Good to hear from another cricket lover. I'm just listening to England starting out a winning test match against South Africa.

I actually live in Fethiye so not going to be able to face you from 22 metres I'm afraid. If we come up to Istanbul though I'll get in touch.

PS Looks like your blog URL has gone wrong on this site - think it's ended up with two https. You can change it in your profile.

Cheers

Barry

Hi Barry,

Silly me didn't realize Fethiye was a different city. I thought it must be a locality on the European side of Istanbul :)

Iyi sanslar (Good luck!) for the match. Thanks for the blog heads-up.
Keep in touch!

Ciao
Aman

Football is the real thing then basketball and then volleyball. Golf is also getting popular everyday but in general I doubt it's hard to find people who are interested in other sports.

Hi everyone,

All the best for the new year! Just wanted to give a quick update on how Oli is getting on in his journey and mission to promote cricket around the world. He got a fantastic following with his game outside Haghia Sophia and has now peddled on to Eskişehir. He's rested up there for the last couple of days but it would be great if everyone would pay a visit to his website to offer a few words of support for the rest of his long journey.

Oh, and I'd like to say a big thank you to the English cricket team today. Especially Swann and Broad. And Bell, Cook. And the other seven fantastic men in the England team!!!!

Bring on the Ashes!!!!

Barry

Hey,
I just read this and I know its loo late but you might consider it!!!
We play every Saturday and Sunday morning (7AM to 9 AM)
You can join if you want

https://www.facebook.com/Istanbulcricket/?fref=ts

Whats the playing level there Manan? After 18 years, I can imagine my cricket to be pretty rusty.

Z

MananGulati wrote:

Hey,
I just read this and I know its loo late but you might consider it!!!
We play every Saturday and Sunday morning (7AM to 9 AM)
You can join if you want

https://www.facebook.com/Istanbulcricket/?fref=ts

Whats the playing level there Manan? After 18 years, I can imagine my cricket to be pretty rusty.

Z

S.a  playing level is fairly easy , we play with hard tennis ball. its good fun.
am not far from ur location if u want to join i can take u there i am not far from ur location.
we play every weekend 8-10.

That would be actually great! Which area are you living in and where do you pass by from?

Roony123 wrote:

S.a  playing level is fairly easy , we play with hard tennis ball. its good fun.
am not far from ur location if u want to join i can take u there i am not far from ur location.
we play every weekend 8-10.

am near camlica