We are looking for a small home to rent or rent to own in Tulum Mexico

We are new to this also.  I'm learning how to navigate it early.  We are looking for a small home to rent or rent to own in Tulum Mexico. 
I and an American citizen and my husband is a German citizen.
  Do you have any advice about narrowing down my news feed to only Mexico related emails and notifications?!
Best wishes,
stillinlove2008

Hi Stilinlove2008,

Welcome to the forum.

I have moved your thread to the Mexico forum so that you may get some feedback.

Feel free to introduce yourself on this thread and ask your questions, members will guide you.

P.S : I have added Mexico in your Expat experience, click on your profile > account settings > expat experience, you should now be getting only Mexico related mails/notifications.

All the very best,
Bhavna

Stillinlove2008 wrote:

We are new to this also.  I'm learning how to navigate it early.  We are looking for a small home to rent or rent to own in Tulum Mexico. 
I and an American citizen and my husband is a German citizen.
  Do you have any advice about narrowing down my news feed to only Mexico related emails and notifications?!
Best wishes,
stillinlove2008

Buenas Dias  stilllove,
You are now in the correct neighborhood. There have been several posts recently on the Tulum area, so you might want to check recent posts. You might also want to look in the housing section at the top of the page.
What you need to know about Mexico is it is a hands-on country so actually visiting and looking is the best plan.  I remember when I first got here how tricky even looking by walking around can be. The descriptions of the properties are often not quite what the seller leads you to believe. When I visited Tulum I met a realtor who was American in the first cafe I went into. Lot's of realtors there.  I only visited briefly because the humidity there is intense. It is humid here but not that humid.
Buena Suerte

Hi,
A lot depends on how you want to live...
A/C?
Good internet?
Sat, TV?
Gated community?
Out in the jungle?

Lots on 'modern' condos here built for tourists, but often rented to residents.
These 'usually' run from $800 - $1000 US/month for rent.
Houses in a village pueblo could be 1/2 that.

You really need to decide what lifestyle you want.