Skilled worker visa, Norway

Hello, I have applied for a skilled worker visa via UDI on 28th of August 2018 from Russia with my fiancee. I have received this email from UDI on 6th of September:

Dear applicant

We have received your application for a residence permit

We have registered your date of birth as 04.03.92.

Please use your reference number ______ (DUF-number) if you need to contact the Directorate of Immigration (UDI) or the police.

If you want someone else to contact us on your behalf, please fill out a power of attorney form and sign it.

The vast majority will receive a decision within 6 weeks after the application was handed in with the police, at an embassy, consulate or Visa Application Centre. If it takes us more than 30 days from now to reach a decision in your case, we will send you a new email.

If you are self-employed, the processing of your application may take somewhat longer. You will always find an up-to-date waiting times for your kind of application on www.udi.no/en/waitingtime.

It is not possible to reply to this e-mail. If you need more information, please see our website: www.udi.no.

Best regards,

The UDI

On 21st of September I have again received another email from them:
Dear applicant   

Your application for a residence permit is waiting to be processed.

When you submitted your application, you were informed about how long you have to wait. This may have changed. You will find up-to-date information about waiting times for this type of case at www.udi.no/waitingtimes.

Unless you have new information which is important for your application, we kindly ask you not to contact us but to wait for our decision.

Can someone tell me what does that mean? Is my application still in the queue or did they start looking at it already?

Who actually experienced this and could share their stories?

In some cases, they send that same format as notification but they never specifically inform us if it has been assessed, verified or for approval. When UDI handles the case, it can take months (depending on your visa type waiting period) and they will probably send that same message every month until you get their decision if your visa was approved or denied.

Hi Stevemartinov,
     As far as a know work visa is one of if not the shortest waiting time( sometimes Just 10 days specially if you are within Norway). As i can see yours is almost Two months now which i think its too long. If you are not applying for self employment kind of work permit then i advice you call them and ask what the Hect is still holding your application. I know this People( UDI) They are just using a trick to make sure that your employ feels fade up and look for someone else within Norway or a Norwegian. i think having a job offer means the company really need someone to start work at no later time. Again call, and try to convince your employer if any to be patient otherwise S/he might change his mind.

I think you should call UDI to check why your permit is still not processed. It might be simple issue as your documents are not complete.

The UDI states that the waiting time for someone who applied for a skilled worker visa is 5 weeks, not 10 days.
I don't think that UDI does it on purpose, it is Norway at the end of the day. Anyhow, they should expect that my employer probably won't find someone with my skills as there is a big shortage (robotics engineer). So this is the reason in the first place that they wantd to hire me, they simply didn't find any norwegian.

Also, it is not 2 months, only 1 month has passed, or 4 weeks but now I am at the end of week 4 and quite afraid.

I have applied for skilled worker permit three times in Norway, every time after submission of documents, I received a letter of acknowledgement of application that say approval will take 10 working days.

You need to call them up and check.

Hi,

Did you get your Visa? I am also facing the same issue here and waiting for UDI response on my application.

sumitr23 wrote:

Hi,

Did you get your Visa? I am also facing the same issue here and waiting for UDI response on my application.

And you are still in Norway ?

Hey, if you can shed some light on when did you receive your work permit?
Thanks

I think this thread is dead

H

sumitr23 wrote:

Hi,

I am facing this issue, how long did it take to receive your visa after receiving the second email?

Thanks

stevemartinov wrote:

The UDI states that the waiting time for someone who applied for a skilled worker visa is 5 weeks, not 10 days.
I don't think that UDI does it on purpose, it is Norway at the end of the day. Anyhow, they should expect that my employer probably won't find someone with my skills as there is a big shortage (robotics engineer). So this is the reason in the first place that they wantd to hire me, they simply didn't find any norwegian.

Also, it is not 2 months, only 1 month has passed, or 4 weeks but now I am at the end of week 4 and quite afraid.

I am facing this issue, how long did it take to receive your visa after receiving the second email?
I received the 2nd email today. Kindly share some information.
Thanks

I hope there is someone who can update like how many weeks or months the process of skilled worker now
Hi,

I too have applied for residence permit in June 2022 and until now have been receiving the same mail that the application is in process.

I have received 4 mails until now from UDI.

Can anyone help me out with the number of weeks to be awaited for getting the final confirmation.
Hi

I have same issue it's almost a month now any I have not received any feedback from udi
@iamkrisraven
Hi did you get your visa application processed?
@Sha Khanda
Hopefully the wait will be a worth one.
@ADKS
I hope so im afraid my employer will not wait
@ADKS
Hi did you get an update with your visa
Hi yes, i received the permit. they have stamped a D-Visa for now.
Hi

I have same issue it's almost a month now any I have not received any feedback from udi
- @Sha Khanda

Hello Sha Khanda, any update about your visa yet? 1f914.svg
@Cheryl
For me it took approximately 1.5 months. I applied on 6th June and received an answer on 25th of July.
@Cheryl

Nothing so far
@ADKS

Thats great i hope i.will received my soon
I applied in April. Still I am getting emails once a week that my application is waiting to be processed. I checked UDI page it says that we are processing applications that we received in March 2022. Is it normal to wait that long?
@ADKS
Hi I also applied for a skilled work permit in Norway. May I ask, what was the waiting time shown in the UDI website when you applied? did your employer apply for you at the SUA?
I applied for my workvisa in May and still havent received an answer... When I applied the waiting time was 4 weeks now it is 4 months!... They have been processing applications from March for around 2.5 months now... Everytime we call they do not give us any information... I am literally sat in my apartment waiting to start work and UDI are just not helping what so ever can anyone shed any light for me :(
@m2t
Hi, i applied it myself. the waiting time was 4 months on website but i received it in 2 months.

Hi,

I applied for a job seeker visa on 19th August and then I got a job and changed my application to work permit on 15 th september. I received an email stating that my application is still waiting to be processed today (4th october). How long should I wait. MY employer allowed me to work part/time now. Is it a good sign that I might get it soon

@KSS25 any updates?

@stevemartinov im currently experiencing this. How long did you wait for the approval

Did anyone apply in November 2022? Still waiting for mine

@Ra11 I applied in November And got approval in  January

@Gulzhan BG Awesome, congratulations! Did your employer apply on your behalf?

@Ra11 thank you, my behalf

@Gulzhan BG Hi, I applied for my work visa as well in late December 2022 from my country and received the first email from UDI on 12 Jan 2023. I am still waiting now, is there any way we could do this to speed up the process or we could just wait? Thank you

@ChloeNg83 Just wait. I heard sometimes it takes more than 3 months.

@Gulzhan BG Thank you, I also received this email."Dear applicantUnfortunately, we have not yet been able to finalize your applicationWe will finalize your application as soon as we can, and we kindly ask you not to contact us but to wait for our decision."2 weeks after this one"Dear applicant   Your application is waiting to be processed.You will find information about waiting times here https://www.udi.no/en/waitingtime"Did you receive the same?

@ChloeNg83  yes I received same emails