Denied visa

Hi my visa was rejected . My husband have 257ooo kr and the require 306  700 ... 😟😟😟 we will appeal ,, and do you know if I can apply for tourist visa ? Or student visa ? Within this year also ,, please help 🤗🤗🤗🤗 Tak

Did they give a reason for denying the visa?
Also, if you don't have the required amount of money why do you think an appeal will work?

From the start you knew that you didn't meet the required income, i think sending an appeal might be difficult.

Tourist visa is always possible to apply since it is the easiest to get as long as you keep in mind to meet the requirements stated in the checklist.

With regards to student visa you need to have a bank account here in Norway under your name with the sufficient amount stated in the requirements in the UDI website. Also you need to show proof of admission from a school credited or recognized by UDI to qualify for the student visa.

You can apply for tourist visa to visit, but you can't reside in Norway unless he makes 306  700+. My friend had the same problem, she had to leave the country even though she gave birth to a Norwegian child. He needs to find a job with more working hours or a job that pays more in order to be accepted, then you have to go through the process again.

Sending an appeal won't help.

Is there anyone else in your husband's family that can sponsor you?  I assume you are already married to your husband?

If so, I heard of a case that a lady asked her husband's family member to sponsor her.  Apparently this family member has enough income for the requirement.  her husband was unable to use as her sponsor because he was sick.   In the end, she got her family unification permit.

For student visa, you need to have an enrolment offer from a school.  It is no longer valid to apply student visa for taking norwegian classes.  In addition, you need to have a specific amount of money in your bank account to prove to UDI that you can support yourself while studying in Norway.

I assume you are from philippines.  Check here.
https://www.udi.no/en/want-to-apply/stu … lse/?c=phl

Hi,how come your friend was denied visa is she had a Norwegian child. Could'nt she apply with her child instead? Am curious to know because am applying for relocation to Norway with a Norwegian minor and because am skilled migrant am planning to apply while in the country and would not want to be denied because it might take long and I lose my residency in Ireland.

Hi,how come your friend was denied visa is she had a Norwegian child. Could'nt she apply with her child instead? Am curious to know because am applying for relocation to Norway with a Norwegian minor and because am skilled migrant am planning to apply while in the country and would not want to be denied because it might take long and I lose my residency in Ireland.

Hello stephy 😀

I have a question regarding of the family reunification visa for spouse. I applied last year and it was october 2016,  my spouse visa application got approved around december. I was lucky that the  UDI checked my husband income in the year 2015 and my husband met the income requirement.

This october i plan to renew my visa but i am worried that the UDI will checked my husband's earning again 😣  My husband just earned 297,898 kr in 2016 which means he didn't able to meet the 306,700 required income.

I am worried that the UDI will depend on my husband earnings last year😣  because this year my husband is working full time and his income is atleast 309,700 a year plus i have work too but it just a part time job.

Thanks alot stephy 😘😍

Or anyone knows how to renew the resident permit for spouse? hope you guys can help me 😀

Just wait for the result first and then see what happens. If in case they reject it and your husband can meet the required income this year, send needed documents to prove this and an explanation letter. this might give you a chance, but we will never know.

Ok thanks alot stephy 😀😍

The UDI has changed the rules again with regards to the required income of the husband/reference person. It is now 309,700 pre tax.

Yes shane sadly but true 😣😣 udi changed the rule again.

My husband's salary for this year  will be a bit over the required income. 

But on september i will renew my visa and im a bit worried that they will depend on my husbands earnings last year instead of this year. my husband's income last year is not enough 😣 missing about 9 thou from the required income. But my husband is not recieving any help from nav. So i hope udi will have some considerations in our case.

The problem with the UDI is that they change the rules every year especially with the required income. To what I know they will base it also with your husband's income last year but I don't know so much with your case coz your husband earns more than enough of the required income this year. I hope it will be okay though. God bless!!

Hi  , it means he need to earn that amount every year even i got my visa already 😳   Hayyyy

Yes i think so. But not so sure 😣 😣😣

Agree shane. Udi is making it more complicated for us to process our visa 😣

Take care and god bless u too.

It shows that UDI is trying to make the requirements hard to discourage those who uses marriage/family reunification visa for convenience.

Even the application for permanent residency now requires an income even if you are under family reunification visa.

True 😣 they dont realise that it's hard to find a job specially for us who just starting to learn there language 😣

Anyway, goodluck to us😅😀

The current government was never immigration friendly.  They are trying to crack down on economy immigration and immigrants that "leech" on welfare benefits.

There are so many people under family unification and end up having baby after baby.  The mothers did not work and just rely on child benefits.

From what I learnt from other norwegians, such reliance on welfare benefits is what annoy them the MOST.  For this purpose, they might vote to get FRP back again this september.

Hi i would like to apply for family immigration within Norway my partner does not have the required income but I do have a legal job in norway, am wondering will they authorities also consider my income as well ?

Hi Pappy,

I was in a somewhat similar situation. I was living in Norway on a fiance visa and about to apply for a family immigration permit when just a few weeks after our wedding, my husband lost his job.

We called UDI and informed them of our predicament. We were told that even if my husband met the previous year's income requirements, there was a very high likelihood that my  application would be rejected since my husband would be unable to provide a proof of future income to support me.

However they told me that since i was on a fiance visa, I was legally allowed to find work. And if I found a job that could meet the future income requirement, my application would most likely be approved, even if my husband was unemployed as they would take my income into consideration. That was what the person at UDI told us.

So in short, I think that if your job is enough to meet the income requirement, they will take that into consideration.

Lucky for us though, my husband found work after 2-3 months (before my fiance visa was due to expire) and everything got sorted out in time.

Good luck to you! I hope that helped.

Pappy 20 wrote:

Hi i would like to apply for family immigration within Norway my partner does not have the required income but I do have a legal job in norway, am wondering will they authorities also consider my income as well ?

What is your education qualification and the type of job you have?  It might be that you are qualified to apply skilled worker visa instead of family unification.

To all of you in this thread;

Norway has one of the most favorable welfare systems in the world.  A Norwegian citizen will get at least $25,000 annually from the government if he/she are sick and can't work. And every citizen is entitled to a home and food on their table - no matter what. This is not free and the money has to be taken from somewhere.

That is one of the reasons why taxes on wages in Norway are so high (35% and upwards, in some cases 50%!). Adding to that, everything you buy in Norway normally also has big taxes with it. A VW Golf costing $16,000 in US will cost $50,000 in Norway. If you want a bigger motor a VW Golf can cost you twice that! This is how the Government get the money to pay for our welfare benefits. If you are granted a permanent residence in Norway you will also be entitled to these benefits (in most cases).

And there is the answer why the Norwegian government have these strict rules. Marrying or get a baby with a Norwegian will not in it self qualify for residence. Or else Norway would become broke quite fast... maybe.

Other than that, Norwegians do welcome foreigners in general.

Woaahhh I recieved an email that my application is.         GRANTED wooohhooo 😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘 thanks everyone 🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉😀😀😀😀

congratulations :)

Hi when did you apply for your family immigration Visa? if you can check again the amount for income requirement has been reduce to 253 704  Nok. before tax. please kindly go on the website of UDI and check again. because i don't think income requirement is a problem in your case. except your apply before 2016.

Hello guys. I would like to ask if is it overqualified that i went to japan for 3months in 2016 and then i am applying for an au pair now in norway? Is there possible reason that the embassy would deny my visa application? Would appreciate all your thoughts about this . Thank you

I don't see any problem with you being in Japan before. As long as you can submit all the requirements and meet the criteria, you have a very good chance in getting an approved visa.

Click here- UDI checklist for au pair

Click here- UDI Regulations on Requirements for an Au pair

If you were involved in illegal activities in Japan, (such as overstaying your visa) then it could be a factor.

No , i just went there to visit my relatives . And nothing illegal happened while I was staying there. Thank you so much for the reply . 😊 Its a relief

Thank you so much . It means a lot to me . Godbless 😊

If you overstay the permitted rules which are outlined you are more than certain to be declined a visa. Please read stephy25 post #28.

Yes thank you so much . Anyway, I already handed all the required documents to the Vfs global/embassy here in the Philippines . I am now waiting for the result soon . 😊