Notary Public in Oslo?

Hello Expats,

Can anyone recommend a Notary Public in Oslo? I have seen that the US embassy charges $50 per notarized document, AND they don't have any appointments available until July 16th. I also see that the Oslo Courthouse can notarize documents. What about any banks? Does everyplace charge a fee?

Thanks!
Jenifer

Hello jenkras.

I sincerely hope that the other members will help you to figure this out and do not hesitate to browse the other threads on the Oslo forum perhaps you'll get more detailed informations about this issue.

Best of luck

Karen :)

Hiya,
We used a local lawyer in Asker and she charged 300 kr I seem to remember. She did a couple of things and a cover letter as well so we thought that wasn't too bad.

Guess it depends on what you need doing. We needed help with  paperwork related to us selling a house in the UK.
Hope someone here has a name for you in Oslo.
Cheers
Ian

Thanks that is very helpful! My bf is currently in Oslo, and he will need a few documents notarized for my residence permit, I did receive a reply from the Courthouse and they charge 258- per document. Thanks again!

Jenifer

Thanks for bringing this question up! I am in a similar situation and need to have a power of attorney notarized for the sale of a property in the States. I thought the embassy was my only option. Since they do not have any availability until the 24th it is good to know that there are other alternatives. Does anyone know if I would also need authentication from an Apostille in addition to the notarius publicus? (for a power of attorney). Thanks!

Hi Ian,
I am in urgent to find a notary public to sign couple of documents, The Court house don't have appointment till next month will you be able to provide the contact details of the Lawyer in Asker.

Thanks