Check list for transfer employer at employment pass at malaysia

HI,My name is senthil lives in johor and origin from India.My current employer has announced for retrechment and the last date is 30 of aug 2018.already i got a job from new employer,The problem is, both the current and new employer dont have experience with  transfer of employee EP permit.My current company also ready to give release letter.so Please help me those who have the tranfering experience,please share the details and check list (and also letter format for release letter) for necessary documents to submit at immigration.

https://expats.com.my/expats/msc/document-library/

Thank you so much Gravitas.....later will update you

Dear Gravitas.....can you help me explain for step by step process for change employer.

Kindly let me know,How about current situations for switching jobs at EP1&2 catogary? I hope Every documents is OK,then the process will smooth right?

There is no problem switching jobs at Cat. II and I. The new employer just needs to submit the application according to the list of paperwork required. Once accepted then current EP needs shortening. Once approved, the new EP can be stamped.

Usually, how the process should be? New employer need to apply or current employer need to cancelation EP? Which process should be first and which process second?

@Gravitas Is there any issue in trying for new job now after getting retrenched and getting hired without exiting country. I heard from some websites that employers need to inform gov when retrenching ?