Full Time studies and Part Time work - Enough to Support?

Greetings!

I have few questions and I was really hoping you folks can help me out! In the mean time, I hope the heat doesn't melt you!

I'm a native Bulgarian, currently living in Iceland for 3 years and my official idea was to move abroad and study but Iceland is quite too expensive for me. That's why, I considered Malta! My intentions are to apply in University of Malta for a full-time education preparatory course fo diploma in health science and nursing studies. My objective is becoming a nurse. However, I'm on my own with my savings that are unfortunately not as much as I wished. I'd have the chance to support myself for 2 months.

Full time studies usually take place from Monday to Friday, therefore if I find an employment for weekends, do you think I'd be able to cope living on the edge? I know it sounds tough but It's a goal that I wish to get to. I also read that I may not be able to work while I do full time studies because I'd only have permit for the first year, is this correct, despite being a citizen of the EU?

Overall, I wonder what to expect. I have no choice however, it's either work and study or it's a no-go. Therefore I'd truly appreciate some help finding more information about this from locals. I'll summarize my questions below;

1. Full time studies and a part time employment, enough to support living?
2. What are my grounds as an EU citizen? What visa do I need? Student and work permit?

Thanks in advance and I'll be looking forward for your help. Cheers!

From experience of friends its VERY hard to get into nursing in Malta Uni, you have to speak Maltese too - a course and set of tests that will cost EUR6000.

In a year only 2 or 3 foreigners get in, its really hard and you might find you have to try this year and next year and so on and in the mean time live here while not studying.

Suggests you figure out exactly what the requirements for your courses are but from her and her friends experience its a long costly process

volcane wrote:

From experience of friends its VERY hard to get into nursing in Malta Uni, you have to speak Maltese too - a course and set of tests that will cost EUR6000.

In a year only 2 or 3 foreigners get in, its really hard and you might find you have to try this year and next year and so on and in the mean time live here while not studying.

Suggests you figure out exactly what the requirements for your courses are but from her and her friends experience its a long costly process

Are you hundred percent sure your source is correct?

I'm only asking because I've received different type of information. However, I do know that Maltese is not a requirement if you follow a six-year education path that includes; Preparatory Courses in Higher Diploma in Nursing, Higher Diploma in Nursing Studies and Bachelor of Nursing. It is long and costly process, I agree. But it is free.

Do you think I can reach your friends? I'm curious for the EUR6000 course and Maltese language requirement. I'm also surprised only 2-3 people make it yearly. I'd appreciate if you private message me their email or FB. Thanks in advance.