Parking ticket for 200$ - yellow zone - fajardo ferry teminal

Hello,
I parked my rental vehicle at Fajardo Ferry terminal public free parking around 6pm Saturday in the Yellow zone, as our return ferry is at 6.45am the next day (Sunday), assuming what harm could it be and what vehicles will be loading on Sunday early morning.

There is no sign saying, there is a time limit for loading or other similar warnings.

By the time we returned, I have a parking ticket on my rental vehicle and nothing on the two local cars behind it (not sure when they parked though).

Conveniently there are no phone numbers, no instructions in English to communicate with them.

Shall I wait for the car rental agent (Alamo) to contact me and pay $200+$14(admin fee) or is there any information someone can provide me on how to pay.

For people who are planning to rent a vehicle in San Juan: there are no freaking gas stations near the airport. Fill up the gas before hand..!

Thanks in advance.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/2uoA7nLKQXgfSa9a8

Tried attaching the pics here, but the website doesn't help me.. (Chrome latest browser on MBP latest).

even stayed on line to get connected to someone for over 30 mins using the phone number in the below website..

http://www.hacienda.gobierno.pr/sobre-h … ue=SanJuan

I would suggest going to the CESCO and paying the fine.

Can you please suggest on how to pay for tickets?
As I mentioned earlier, the website doesn't have any good information on how to pay..!

This one incident at the end of my trip left me thinking PR ***.

Moderated by Bhavna 5 years ago
Reason : Irrelevant
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Your best bet is to go to a CESCO (DMV office) and get in line to pay. They might 1. Give you a discount for paying the ticket or 2. ticket won't be in system. Or you could just let the rental agency deal with it. The whole system is inefficient, there's no easy way for anything.

livinginpr wrote:

Your best bet is to go to a CESCO (DMV office) and get in line to pay. They might 1. Give you a discount for paying the ticket or 2. ticket won't be in system. Or you could just let the rental agency deal with it. The whole system is inefficient, there's no easy way for anything.

thanks for the reply.
1. I replaced my credit card I used in PR. Even though it is part of USA, it felt like a different world altogether. I didn't complain any transaction as fraud, but just got new numbers on it. So, the rental agency won't have any of my payment methods, will they contact me via phone or should I intimate them beforehand?
2. The tolls, while going from San Juan old town to Tore Verde and coming back, we encountered a couple of tolls; I stopped to pay for it and they guy said the rental car company will get the bill. I found it pretty stupid to waste $3.95 per day because they activated the fasttrack feature on the car (based on the license plate). However, is there a way I can pay online before they bill the rental agency?
3. how many toll companies are there in PR?

A. Parking ticket scam by government
B. Buy the toll scanner kit before coming to PR and reload it with few dollars cash or buy off of ebay, a used one with some money.

Are two of the few tips I have for new tourist for PR.

Thanks.

Tickets go with the car, so only the rental agency cn pay the tolls. As to tickets, they are higher than the tolls plus the car agency will charge you a handling fee. Using the toll services and paying the 4 bucks daily fee is cheaper. PR is full of monopolies and complicated processes.

You sure you want to live in PR?
From previous post I get the feeling you are not happy.

ReyP wrote:

Tickets go with the car, so only the rental agency cn pay the tolls. As to tickets, they are higher than the tolls plus the car agency will charge you a handling fee. Using the toll services and paying the 4 bucks daily fee is cheaper. PR is full of monopolies and complicated processes.

You sure you want to live in PR?
From previous post I get the feeling you are not happy.

No, I'm from Charlotte, and I'm just a tourist who got scammed by the local govt.
I came back to states on the day I received the ticket.

Hey Raja,

How did you get your card removed from rental agency ?

Thanks in advance.

Hey Raja,

Thanks in advance.

Hey Raja,

Thanks in advance.

I never told the rental agency about the ticket.

Okay. Thank you.

Hey Raja,

How do you remove the credit card from rental agency's record? You said by updating the numbers only. But where did you update the numbers. By calling the rental agency and removing the credit card or something else? I also got a ticket and I'm thinking what are my options.