Application for school without BSN

Hi everyone! :)

I'm planning to move to Amstelveen with my 5-year old child from Serbia. I will get residence permision on family reunification (my future husband works here), but ex husband doesn't want to  sign papers for child, and I don't know now if I can get BSN for kid, which is needed for school application. I have full custody over my child, but in forms for residence permision is needed signature of other parent.

Every information will be helpful. Thanks! :cheers:

Hmm - I suspect that if your ex-husband is proving difficult, that your problems will start when you try and take your child out of Serbia; there are laws that stop one parent taking a child out of the country where the other parent lives without their agreement; in Holland, it's expressly forbidden.

Thank you for your quick answer! I understand very well that and not planning to forse anything, just gathering informations 'cause it's all very confusing for me.

I sympathise; I think all you can do is to work on your ex-husband to try and get him to change his mind.

To answer your original question, you're quite right that without a complete registration in the Gemeente, you won't be able to register your son in the school, nor the doctors/dentist.

This can't be the first time this has happened; perhaps get your future husband to speak to the Gemeente and see what if anything can be done.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team

We will surely go to Gemeente and get some informations, thank you very much!