Schools in Rijswijk(South Holland)

Hi Friends,

I would like to know some suggestions for schools in Rijswijk area for my son who will in 2 yrs time become 4 yrs old. I am not looking for international school but a normal local school (non-religious) where they also teach english (atleast one subject). For admission into local school how soon I should register my son?

Thank you
Vineeth

Hi again.

Quite simple, open your web browser and type in "Rijswijk school", assuming you use Google as your default web search engine, it will open a new page, at the top of which is a map with icons depicting all of the schools, if you click on the map, you will get a page with further details of the schools (opening times, websites, ratings etc).  Check FaceBook for any schools with school groups that you can talk to.

For a much better explanation of the Dutch education system, NUFFIC has a webpage that explains it in detail; this link will take you straight there.

You can't register your children with any Dutch school until you live there and are registered with the Gemeente (local council).

Take it a stage further and you can look at things like local bus/train routes and timetables to give you a clue as to what the commute will be like (Den Haag is a very busy place).  Even further, include housing agents (makelaar den haag huren) and you'll find the guys who can help you find somewhere to live; looking for a doctor, then this link will help you.

If you have any further specific questions, please come back to us.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team