Birth certificates ect information

Hello.
I moved with my family from Norway to HOlland. Norway and Holland are in the EEA agreement.
In Norway the father of the baby signs that he is the father after 16 weeks pregnancy. No more then that is needed.
But when you move to Holland they need a spesific birthsertificate that for your child with both the parents names. You need comfirmation that the father on the birthsertificate is the father of the child. Eiter from a document sight at pregnantcy or birth.
And you need to go to the corn in Amsterdam to get all this comfirmed. All the papers must be in Dutch or english.
If they are not you need to go and get them translated into that.

Also when moving from NOrway we needed a stamp on your birthsertificates from both the people that gives out the birthsertificates and from the police and from the foreign affairs in Norway. So check that you got all your stamps in order!

So when you go to registrate at the local community thingy, you need the birthserticates that I mentions above with all the required information.Remmeber to also bring your passports!! Then you can go an get an bankaccount.
After this you must require a health incurance.
After that you can go and registrate with the ING.
And after that you must go to the cort in Amsterdam.

You also need a vaccination card for your child.
If you dont have one you need to get the documents from the vaccination office in your contry. It must also be in dutch or english. I need the vaccine name, the date and a signature and stamp.
When you have registrated you will get a letter requesting this information. But its better to have the information with you, then having to require it while youre in Holland.

Also I recomend to get a contact where you live that can help you out a bit.
Help you out with the mail. Its all in dutch and having someone translating for you and helping you our with whats ever requested is comfering and a security.

After you have gotten the bank account you can also require tv, internet, and telephone. For 63 euro a month using the company ziggo you can get all that. But the first time you pay almot 90 euro due to instalation and so on.
And it will take about 2 weeks from you order it until they can come and instal it. So have that in mind. Bring a dvd player and lots of dvd's if you need you television.

We are so lucky to be able to borrow internet from out nabour. So if you need internet, you can search and see if there are any whireless internets out there. If there is you can ask your nabours if they have wireless and if you can borrow. Offer to split the internet bill with them!!!!

Hmmm.....was there anything more.
Oh yeah, make sure to bring comfermation about your income. Thats really inportant.
If you get pension and are form an EEA agreement contry, you need to get documentation about what you get each month and for how long. It also has to be in dutch or english.

Also remember that in Holland you have to pay for gass, electricity and water. And on top of that there are other local fees. Like if you have a dog you need to pay taxes for that. You also need to pay for water dranage and so on. I would say about 100 euro a month that you chould lay aside for when that bill comes. It comes about once every year.

Also remember that in addition to the health incuranse you need an incurance for your home. Or you furniture ect. And if you have animals you also need an incurance incase your dog creates and car accident or runs someone over and so on. If you dont get the animal incurace it will be VERY expencive if your don causes any harm to anyone. You can end up paying for the rest of your life!!!!!!

Anything I forgetting anyone?
Well, if there is something you wondering about, let me know!

Thanks for this useful post Hravn!:top:

Harmonie.

Thanks for sharing this experience. I hope things are going well now in Netherlands after completing these paper works :)