Brits in Lecce

Hi we are a British family living near Lecce looking for English speaking friends and willing to help out imminent and future expats.

Hi mfilo and welcome to the forum, :D

It's nice of you to help expats.Feel free to participate in other threads or create new ones.
If you want to meet english speaking people,I suggest you to create an event in the Events in Lecce section of the site.

Good Luck.

Anas,
Expat.com Team :)

Thanks a lot, Anas!

My husband & I  moved to Lecce  from the US in June 2018 and would like to meet up with expats.
Thanks

Hi there
We are an Irish/italian family just moved to Lecce form Dublin - im Irish and hubby is Italian
Would love to meet with other English speakers especially if you have kids! We have 2 boys (12 & 14)
All the best
Maria and Valerio

Good morning Maria and Valerio,
My husband & I moved to Lecce in June from the United States.  We live in the historic center. To let you know on Tuesday nights after 9pm a group of English speaking people meet at Verso Sud in Piazza Santa Chiara.  The group are mostly made up of Italians who want to practice English and a few expats.  This may be  a good way to meet people.  We plan to go this Tuesday evening.
Although my husband & I do not have young children, if you want to meet some day or evening for a coffee or a glass of wine.  please let me know.
When did you move to Lecce.  If you prefer that I PM you I can do that as well.
Good luck, Denise & Chuck

I apologize I think I already answered your post for next Tuesday.  I am new to all of this and can't keep track of whom I am communicating with.
Hope to see you Tuesday!
Best, Denise

Good morning , just in case.... I and my husband are searching for our dougther  an english mother tongue babysitter. We lives in Lecce, near the historical center. If you know someone that could be interesting let's we now please.
Thank You

Simonetta

@Napol01

Hi, I know this post is very old now but do English speakers still meet up on Tuesdays? I have an apartment here but could do with meeting people. ☺️

TheBerkeleylecce for up to date info in talks in English and the chance to meet fellow expats. Next talk Friday 07 October 18.15-19.45. University. to hear Saloni Kyal talk about her experiences "Everything happens for a reason", and may include anything from life in  India, the Polytechnic of Milan,  web development, climate change research, and the lure of Lecce .... Details  [link moderated]

Hello everyone,

@David Welcome on board !

Could you please create an advent in the Events in Lecce to share the talk ?

Thanks in advance,

Bhavna

@janelevy hi Jane am an English architect I just moved to lecce from London. Dylan

@SimonaLecce

Hello Simona. Did you manage to find a babysitter in Lecce? I'm an English speaker(native) . So if you still require the services kindly let me know.

Regards,

Scola

@mfilo hello there. I here Lecce is having a moment there. WOuld you recommend it as a place to work from as a digital nomad? I am looking to move to Italy for 6 months of the year soon but cant decide where. I know the north well but feel that the south is more genuine. I know Ostuni is having a touristic moment. WOuld you recommend it? Is it a place you can stay all year round?

thank you

@manjitdhillon73 Hi there - how do you find it?

Is Lecce a good place to live?

Hi everyone! my husband and I moved back to Lecce 3 years ago after many years overseas. Im from Salento hubby is British. I Just discovered this post by chance! Would love to meet the English speaking community, can you please let me know if you are still meeting on Tuesdays?

thanks

Marita & Shaun

Hi there, we are going to try to move to Lecce from London with our little family with two kids - 1/2 and 6 year old. Would love to meet some english speaking people and to get to know more about  place.