How to get ARC in taiwan?

Hello i'm Aleczander and I am 18, I will be moving to Taiwan within a couple months and I would like to stay for 2 years. I have been reading how to do so but I am confused on something, I've read that I need an ARC and I saw that I must be either a student or a worker. I am self employed and I do not go to school, is it still possible for me to stay for 2 years Taiwan? If so please tell me how.

Thank you

Hi, I'm Tzuen and I'm from Taiwan.

Would it be okay if you let me know what you want to do in Taiwan and what's your plan ? For example, you will teach English here or else ? I think it would give me a better idea on how to help you.

Hello Aleczander,
before applying ARC, you need a valid visa then you may transfer to ARC.
The faster way to get a long--term visa is to study Chinese here first,
and later on you may try to apply resident visa and ARC...etc.
Yet, if you aren't considering studying. you can try these two :
Entrepreneur & Visitor visa for Employment-Seeking Purpose

https://www.boca.gov.tw/cp-158-4158-09d5a-2.htmlhttps://www.boca.gov.tw/lp-154-2.html

FYI

I will be building my online businesses and networking around asia. As I said, I am an Entrepreneur so I wont be working for someone else or going to school. Essentially I want to make Taiwan my new home, I am really not into going to school as I believe in self education and home schooling. Im also a little concerned about my age, will I be able to get an apartment, motorcycle license, and other things I need.

Hello, it's Tzuen.

First of all, I want to say that I understand your points. But unfortunately, from what i have seen online it seems that there are 2 ways which are more possible for you to stay here.

One is to study Chinese just like the girl said above. Despite the fact that you believe in self education, I think it would save you a ton of troubles if you take Chinese class.

Second is you leave and then you come back. But then you won't be able to have ARC which means no health insurance or else. However, it won't cost you too much to see a doctor here anyway. So if you don't have any financial concerns, then maybe the second solution would be better for you.

And hmmm I don't think your age would really be a big deal. But you might need some help from the locals, though. I hope you do already have some friends here to help you settle down.

Okay I understand, I was thinking more from the standpoint that I would have to enroll in a collage, but I am getting a sense that I can get by with just a Chinese class at a school?

Thank you :)

Hello, it's Tzuen

Yeah I think Chinese class would work. It's like a language school, so you can get your visa. Also, it doesn't have to be like intense course from what I've read online. I remember I've seen one guy who only went to Chinese class 15 hours (about 2 days) a week and he got his visa. You will still have plenty of time to do things that you like. However, Chinese class may not be as cheap as you expected. Please make sure to search more information on this.

Good luck with your adventure in Taiwan 🙂

Thank you very much :)

Hi there,

Like any country you need a visa:
Check out this site for all Visa options plus another one with some general info.

https://www.immigration.gov.tw/mp.asp?mp=2

Good luck

MP