Just arrived to Winnipeg

Hi , i just arrived to Winnipeg with my husband and 2 boys, one of 6 years old and one of 14 years old.
I will like to know which are the best places to find good schools for elementary and for high school?
Best areas to live with kids...

also need to find an apartment of 2 bedrooms.... and buy all the furniture, i just came with my suitcases....
does the government give any help to the families that come to live to Canada?

thanks for any advice you can give me.

Hi yilla33,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

A new topic has been created with your post on the Winnipeg forum for more visibility and interaction with the members.

For a good start, i invite you to have a look at the Living in Canada guide section, it includes information on several important topics for expats.

Thanks,

Priscilla
Expat.com team  :cheers:

Good to hear that you already reached I wish God take things forward in a good manner all the best.

Do you still have questions about settling in Manitoba? For settlement questions, you can go to the Immigrant Centre at 100 Adelaide Street. For help with employment, you can go to the Immigrant Centre or also to Manitoba Start on Portage and Smith. For housing, you should visit New Journey Housing, they are awesome at helping newcomers find affordable housing, and they can explain to you how to get subsidized housing through Manitoba Housing. I don't remember their address but they are on Broadway.