Opening a restaurant in Bali

Hi
I said another thing, to see with my own eyes how much the average daily collection is, for two months, and compare it with the accounting books (which certainly can be modified, because with them you pay taxes) and with the various notes of the  suppliers (also modifiable).  So only by seeing the turnover with one's own eyes can one understand, quite well if what is declared is true.  In reality there is no safe method.  It could be risky, but starting from scratch the risk is certainly greater.  I always say that a chef may not be a business man, but a business man, not a chef can understand whether the business exists or not.
Are u agree?

NB at the moment in Bali there is low seson!!

I agree in saying that nowdays  to open a resto in Bali is too risky, too much competitors already established in the market with every kind of cousine.
I just want to open a window on the requirements to open a PM/PTA;
its true the BKPM regulations presently require foreign investors to invest more than Rp. 10 billion into Indonesia, but the minimum paid-up capital required is Rp 2,5 billion, excludes the value of any investment in land and buildings
BKPM regulations also provide that the percentage of a shareholder's shareholding in the PT PMA will be calculated with reference to the nominal value of their shares, and require each shareholder to hold shares worth at least Rp. 10 million in nominal value.
This is the law, after that some consultants claim that also the Rp 2.5 billion can be not paid, its just enough a document signed from the shareholders wich states that the mentioned Rp 2.5 billion will be paid with the incomes of the company, but I never read about this option in any official government document, so be careful with this.

Well noted,
Thanks

Hi, I've sent you a pm :)

As a note to all, watch out for agents that are basically scammers. They always attempt to contact in private but, unless they 100% follow the laws of Indonesia, you should tell them to get lost.
If anyone that talks about nominees, ways around the minimum investment rules, or suggests anything less than totally legit - RUN!

There are loads of them at it, all with 'perfect' ways to get round the rules, but they all have one thing in common - They're after your cash and it's in their interests for you to get deported. Once they have your money, deportation sees you out of the picture so any property or money is theirs.
Also, with supposedly legal, but really illegal, schemes, they can sell the lot from under you and you can't ask a court to uphold an illegal racket.