My Isaan girlfriend

Hi

I have a bad feeling my Isaan girlfriend is a bar girl or is lying to me at best. I  am currently traveling in Thailand. I went to Phucket and after one week I met a girl on Thai friendly dating app. To cut a long story short she ended up staying with me practically every day for four weeks. I will list my reasons for doubting her intentions.

1.Apart from two occasions I played for every meal and accommodation.
2. Unemployed  but sells cream on Facebook.
3. I got a tattoo, out of nowhere she wanted one as well, payed by me.
4. She speaks with her "brother" a lot.
5.wanted a necklace before i went to chaing mai for one week, and taxi money from the airport. Didn't get her one.
6.Wanted  me to rent her a bike to see her friends for a few days. Didn't get her one.
7. Now that I'm in chaing mai, she is working at a bar her "aunti" owns on rawai beach. It has a pole dancing bar inside but she says she works as greeting customers and as a cashier.
8.Constantly on her phone when with me. Now we are apart can take 3 hours to reply to me at night.
9. Said she loved me After one day..
10 She's 22 and claims she was a virgin before me.
11.Wants to see me but I have to buy her plane ticket to chaing mai.
12.Told her if she comes to chaing mai she will have to give some money towards food, said she owes her mum money.

All this aside we had a really great time together and what i feel like was a genuine connection. She acts super sweet and genuinly loving and affectionate. We still message everyday and she says she loves me and misses me. I am having a real hard time computing all this, my brain is fried. I cant tell if im  paranoid or ignoring clear warning sings. Or she is genuinely very poor. Would love to get some thoughts on this.

I'm aware this is a common question, I'm sorry for that I'm just desperate at this stage.. thanks

You are paying for the “girlfriend experience” and it sounds like you are getting what you paid for.  I really don't see the problem.  You are the guy so you are supposed to pay.  She most certainly isn't going to pay you for sex and how much money to you expect a young unemployed 22 year old to have, anyway.  Just enjoy it while it lasts and try to be as kind and generous as you can.

Hi,

Just be aware that no one is 100% genuine, there's always a side to a story.

However, take note that most common Thai girls would rather work in other places than Phuket or Pataya.

Thais know that these girls are mainly there because of prostitutions and for the easy money.

I am fine with being the man and paying for everything as I have. I am more worried that she is a bar girl though, i would not be ok with that and rather find someone normal.

Jey_L wrote:

Hi,

Just be aware that no one is 100% genuine, there's always a side to a story. However, take note that most common Thai girls would rather work in other place than Phuket or Pataya. Thais know that that these girls are mainly there because of prostitution and for easy money.

It says she joined the dating app 4 weeks ago and that's when she met me. Is it likely she is/was working as a bar girl at this bar in rawai?

If you are suspicious of the girl, there are reasons why. And you already know what is actually happening, why bothering and banging your head to know if she is a bar girl or not.

It is common for girls that are in places known for tourism are just there because of the sex industry going on. They are for the easy money. Now that they have find someone financially suitable and that can sustain them and their family, they'll do everything to tie you down with sweet words.

The signs you provided are obvious, she spends time on her phone with her "brother" and she is even asking you to pay for this and for that. You are just her sugar daddy for now until you are belly up and she'll find a new "boyfriend".

Like villagefarang already mentioned, you are paying for the "girlfriend experience", and I would back him here. Don't take it serious, enjoy the experience and move on.

Jey_L wrote:

If you are suspicious of the girl, there are reasons why. And you already know what is actually happening, why bothering and banging your head to know if she is a bar girl or not.

It is common for girls that are in places known for tourism are just there because of the sex industry going on. They are for the easy money. Now that they have find someone financially suitable and that can sustain them and their family, they'll do everything to tie you down with sweet words.

The signs you provided are obvious, she spends time on her phone with her "brother" and she is even asking you to pay for this and for that. You are just her sugar daddy for now until you are belly up and she'll find a new "boyfriend".

Like villagefarang already mentioned, you are paying for the "girlfriend experience", and I would back him here. Don't take it serious, enjoy the experience and move on.

Thank you for the reply. I think it's hard for me to accept it as she's not outright asking me for money. Just hard for me to imagine someone acting so genuine for a few meals a day. And I have met this brother us three went to a temple together so that's just insane if it's her boyfriend.

That's common practices here as there are more stories about these sugar daddy issue and "brother" thing.

Just be on your toe and enjoy the experience but do not be too serious in maintaining a relationship.

To: Jquinny89

So, you're telling us you spent 4 weeks with this young lady and was intimate with her, you wouldn't buy her a necklace when she asked, you wouldn't rent her a scooter so she could visit friends, you didn't give her any money, you complain about paying for everything and now you're back in Chiang Mai. You're still talking to her and considering buying her a plane ticket to come visit you, but you're telling her she will have to give you some money for food. Is that the correct story?

You joined Expat.com today so you could tell everyone how desperate you are and don't know what to do. I feel so sorry for this young lady. You should end it with her and stop before you hurt her.

My question to you is, what kind of man are you?
And, please don't use this forum to cry about your personal love life. Please go see a therapist.
Kindly, Zeus (Expat advisor)

Jey_L wrote:

That's common practices here as there are more stories about these sugar daddy issue and "brother" thing.

Just be on your toe and enjoy the experience but do not be too serious in maintaining a relationship.

Thanks again, I've already fallen in love with her like an idiot. Iv been on video call with her for a while now where she works and it does seem innocent. Like you said I'll try not to take it too serious,  if I can..

Zeus.wmo wrote:

To: Jquinny89

So, you're telling us you spent 4 weeks with this young lady and was intimate with her, you wouldn't buy her a necklace when she asked, you wouldn't rent her a scooter so she could visit friends, you didn't give her any money, you complain about paying for everything and now you're back in Chiang Mai. You're still talking to her and considering buying her a plane ticket to come visit you, but you're telling her she will have to give you some money for food. Is that the correct story?

You joined Expat.com today so you could tell everyone how desperate you are and don't know what to do. I feel so sorry for this young lady. You should end it with her and stop before you hurt her.

My question to you is, what kind of man are you?
And, please don't use this forum to cry about your personal love life. Please go see a therapist.
Kindly, Zeus (Expat advisor)

Thanks I appreciate your reply. Maybe I am just being a paranoid prick. Th reason I asked her to contribute a bit of money was to find out if she just wanted to be with me for the free ride. I'm a young guy and can find a genuine girl.

Borrowing from an old song, what's love got to do with it?  Its lust triggered by a release of hormones.  Who among us hasn't prostituted themselves to some extent by doing something for money…like a job.  As Zeus suggests, do the girl a favor and move on, so she can find someone better.

Hello everyone,

Please be informed that the initial poster had 2 similar threads, i have merged all the comments on this thread and removed the other one.

I am also closing this thread. Please keep your personal life private specially if it has something to do with love/trust issues with girlfriends/boyfriends (use the private messaging system).

All the best,
Bhavna

[Topic Closed]

Closed