How to manage transition of one work permit to another

Hello Friends-
Hope you all are well;

I have a small situation and I need your valuable input;

I came in Brussels from India with a workpermit which will expire in September 2018; but now I have a direct job in belgium and my new employer wants to raise a new work permit and has requested documents;

I am in confusion as I have to resign also from my current company; but How will I do a transition from current work permit to the new one; even if I resign today and my new employer files a new work permit now, I have to serve a notice period of 3 months; will it be an issue to serve notice period; also what I have to do when I will have the new work permit;
How the commune sees this situation;
My joining date is given as 10th August2018;

P.S. my new employer asked for my RP card and not the WP;

Its quite straightforward. When your new employer applies for a new work permit for you, the start date of that work permit will be your start date in that company. Till that date, your existing WP is valid with the old company. That is it.

Thanks a lot-

Just an advise, let's take an example I'm signing the contract next week and the wp is also applied next week, when should I raise my resignation in my current company; it would be helpful to do some calculation of managing 3 months notice period and plan for a release date;

Thanks again

work permit processing time - 4 to 6 weeks approx. In most of the cases results are positive i.e. you will get the work permit.

Hello,
I have similar situation.
My new WP starts from 1 March, it was based on first version of contract with a new employ.
But, I will start working for new company from April actually.
My concern is if i can still working for current employer until April even i got new WP and RP