Move to Mauritius

Dear esteemed expat family

Both my wife and myself want to move to Mauritius on a permanent basis from South Africa. We are so tired of all the fighting , differances , unforgiveness etc. etc.. We are looking for a place to settle and grow old together. We have no children and we love the sea. We have school friends who have been there for almost 3 years and they say it was the best move ever.

We were born and raised in SA and have never stayed anywhere else. I have experience in both the Banking/Finance Industry and Transport/Logistics Industry and the same with my wife.

I am currently urgently searching for employment in Mauritius , but as everyone who has moved there , have a couple of questions and would really and sincerely appreciate it if you could share same with us.
What is the minimum living costs in Mauritius ?
What were the factors that you considered before picking Mauritius?
Why did you choose Mauritius?
How has your life been ever since you moved?
Did you face any disappointments after having lived vs expectations?

Please feel free to share your train of thoughts. Would really appreciate a genuine and true insight.

Thank you so much and blessings
Hennie and Sanet

Greetings,
From a Mauritian perspective I can give you some advices.
Firstly the field you have been working in, you will be able to get a job here but you will have to search carefully.
Minimum living cost, it really depends what type of life you want to live starting from middle class or big budget and also depend the place you want to live. Since you like the sea you will move to coastal place, and all the coastal area are developed in different ways so the most developped ones the cost will be higher. I would say for two persons on 1 month basis 25-30k will be enough ( someone correct me if I am wrong) .

Why to choose Mauritius because here, you will not suffer from rasism or wars, we are a small peaceful island living in harmony. Safety is the reason.

Small advice : Mauritian are very friendly and welcoming but never lack respect to Mauritian or consider them lower. :P

hope it helps a bit.

Girish ;)