Studying and Working in Iceland

Hi
I am an Electronics and Communication Engineer from Nepal and I am applying for MS program in Engineering Management course in Reykjavik University.

I want to ask how many hours can I work as a student there and can I earn enough money to sustain my life in Iceland and pay for the college fee as well?

Please help me with this. I am really confused at the moment.

Hi and welcome on the forum Paritosh :)

I hope other members will be able to give you the right information soon ;)

Regards
Armand

Why haven't anyone replied yet? Please help me out.

Well, the Iceland forum (understandably) isn't too busy.

I don't have any specific information for you regarding student employment here. You could try contacting the International Affairs office at RU (en.ru.is/services/international-office/). They could probably answer your questions or at least refer you to a source that can.

If you have specific questions about expenses here, look around some of the other posts to this forum. There has recently been a fair amount of activity on housing prices, cost of groceries, etc. Obviously no one here knows exactly what your standard of living requires, so we can't really answer that question. If you have specific questions that you don't see the answers to on the forum, feel free to ask, and you'll probably get a better response.

there's also information on the immigration website about student visas here:

http://utl.is/index.php?option=com_cont … 27&lang=en

and information on expected minimum financial support here:
http://utl.is/index.php?option=com_cont … 79&lang=en

if you have questions about your legal allowance to work here, you can also call the immigration office. Be prepared for them to take a while to answer the phone though!

I got the idea about getting a work permit. But what is the possibility of getting a part time job? Since Iceland is a very expensive place, how much can I earn minimum per hour.

I also want to ask, how much euro per hour can we earn in average working part time?

I can't tell you what the wages for part time jobs are or how easy they are to get but you can be sure that it's not going to be in Euros. The currency here is the icelandic krona, as you can see from the many cost of living discussions here.

Hello Partosh. How are you doing ? Have you reached Iceland ? Please let me know. Even I wish to apply for studies in Iceland. So let me know how are you doing ?