Does iceland need vets?

Hello! I'm Ali, an Irish vet student who's probably going to have to emigrate when she graduates (in 2013). Theres no good jobs for new grads in Ireland and hell, Iceland looks amazing, there are sheep, ponies and I'm guessing people have pets. I even know an Icelandic phrase already: "Maedi visna" (its a disease sheep get). So instead of doing what everyone does and moving the the USA or UK, I would like to go somewhere a little different. But I have not a clue if iceland has any demand for veterinarians, or what sort of work they do. I assume there is some work for small animal and farm vets, and maybe government, public health or food safety positions? If anyone has any knowledge do share!

There was a similar question not that long ago on here with some information that you might want to look into.  https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=109099

Oh I saw that one earlier when I did a google search, didnt realise it was so recent! I emaile the Icelandic Veterinary Association so... we'll see what they say. I may have to learn more than 2 words of Icelandic before I arrive.