Family joining query

Hello and good day

Firstly apologies if my question seems redundant. I have done research on here as well as other forums but cannot seem to find a definitive answer to my questions.

I have a job offer from a company in Sohar which includes family status as per my offer letter. The labour clearance has been approved and they are awaiting my work VISA to be processed.

From what I have been told, once I start work, the company will apply for the family VISA for my wife and child and they can expect to join me one month later.

What I need to know is, if this is correct?
And what do I need to prepare from my side in order to ensure a smooth process for my wife and child to obtain the family VISA?

Kind regards

Hi AndrePrevin,

What you have been told is indeed correct.

Only after the expatriate employee is registered and has a valid resident card could his family joining visa application be even filled.

In most companies, before the family can be brought over they would assess the suitability of their employee by waiting for the employee's confirmation of employment. This would be usually 3 months from the date of joining work (probation period).

On your last query, there is nothing you need to do to prepare for the arrival of your family from your side. All would have to be done necessarily by your employee only. All you can do to facilitate a smooth process is do all that your company asks of you.

Finally, contrary to what you are saying, all that you are asking for have already been answered in great detail right here in this forum itself ...

Seek, and ye shall find.