Moving to Oman ... advice :)

i am planing to move to Oman but apparently i need a job i tried the hiring websites but nothing happened so i think visiting is the best way to find a job .. my plan now is to  visit the country for like a week having with me some companies contacts in mind to visit .. i don't know if it would work ... what do you think guys ?

Hello,
I can provide you with suggestions if u want , just let me know ur profession and i shall be able to reply asap,

Visiting oman will be great as well ,  ;)

Thank you for your reply :)
Sales and marketing
Aluminium and glass industry is preferable

Ok that is great ,

Let me do an intense search and once i get the information , i'll post them directly

Thx a lot i really appreciate  :)

UAE good for you instead of Oman, I was in UAE and i found it very very nice for every kind of job

Does an architect with 11 yrs of experience can get a good job in oman in contracting co. How much salary does cos are giving to these professionals?

vijy10 wrote:

i am planing to move to Oman but apparently i need a job i tried the hiring websites but nothing happened so i think visiting is the best way to find a job .. my plan now is to  visit the country for like a week having with me some companies contacts in mind to visit .. i don't know if it would work ... what do you think guys ?

Hi vijy10,

Firstly, how do you intend getting a visit visa ?

If you have friends / relatives living here you could perhaps shack up with them. Else you would have to spend from your pocket on your board and lodging, besides transport, food and other incidental expenses.

After all these out-going costs and given the challenging current job market,. getting an employment in a week's time can at best be compared to shooting - at a moving target - in the dark. It is a matter of complete chance.

If your stars are shining bright, you just might land a job.