New members of the Montenegro forum, introduce yourselves here - 2018

Hi all,

Newbie on the Montenegro forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country, or to tell us more on your expat projects in Montenegro if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

Hello,

I am new here. I would love to move to Montenegro from the United States.

I am just here to learn from those who have gone before me!

JudyRosella

Hi
We are Stu and Lyn from the UK and are planning to move to Montenegro in 2018.

Stu recently retired from the UK fire service and we are planning to enjoy retirement in Montenegro!!

We are visiting in early April to look at some property and different areas to live.

It would be great to meet up with any fellow expats to get a good understanding of how things work out there :)

Hello Forum Members,
Just joined to learn more about Montenegro and the ins and outs of relocating there..
Currently living in Mexico (from u.s. originally), but ready to leave here for a more conscious and beautiful place to live.
Look forward to meeting as many of you as possible.
Thank you.

Hello there,

I am Akhid from Mauritius and I have recently moved to Montenegro with my Montenegrin wife.We are currently living in Ulcinj.

I am looking for job opportunities here and I hope I can make some new friends and discuss a little bit.

Thank you all and all the best.

Hello All!

My name is Carole and my companion and I are planning on moving to Montenegro by this summer in search of a more chilled life.
We are currently living in qatar and have been here long enough now. Time for a change!

All tips on relocating to Montenegro, shipping belongings, paperwork etc... are more than welcome!

Look forward to meeting expats from around the world!

Thank you

I am considering a relocation to Budva. Planning to visit in July with my Russian wife.My brother-in-law owns an apartment in Budva where we will be staying.  Trying to lean as much as possible about life there and opportunities for retirees.

Hello: I am an American and plan to visit Budva in July/August.  My plan is to move there early to mid next year.  Is there anything I should know?

Best regards,
Michael

I've been here for a month, one more to go. It's an absolutely fantastic place to be.  Currently trying to decide if we will seek residency or not at the end of the year.

Just let yourself adapt, and don't bring your expectations of how things should be, and you'll find it an easy place to adjust to.

I always say that home is wherever I sleep at night so adjustment is never a problem.  Looking forward to the new sights

Hi there

I'm a new member here but been to Montenegro before I loved it.

Actually, I'm looking for a teaching job. I'm from Istanbul, Turkey and been teaching since 2004. I lived in the UK for 2 years and so on.

I had tried IH Podgorica but they didnt have any positions available. Any recommendations in terms of language schools?

Hvala!
Dina

Hello, the name's Jay. I have been living everywhere around the world and currently in the United States. Looking at moving to Montenegro with my best friend to startup an IT company and a cafe. A lot of experience in food service management but looking at starting up something very eclectic. I have quite a few friends from Montenegro of which I met them here in the US. The emerging market and opportunity I saw gave the push. Looking forward to meeting like-minded people on here. Cheers

Hi Jay,
What type of Café, and what type of IT business?
Cheers,
Carine

hello Carine, we are looking at starting up an IT company based on web design, app developments and basically providing IT solutions to meet local demands. As per the cafe aspect we are looking at setting up a small eclectic cafe with foods from all over the world eg Indian, Malaysian, West African, Korean, American etc. It's just a mix of about everything where the menu changes from time to time to give that international scene. I got in contact with a law firm who gave us a quote to registering a business plus work permits and all that.

Hi there!!

I'm from Brazil and work remotely with It. I'm planning to move to Podgorica late this year or early next year.

Is there something I should know? Thanks!!

Hello All!

I'm Can from Ankara, Turkey. I have a small company about classic car restoration. On the other hand I'm mechanical engineering student. I have 5 courses to get graduated.

I want to start business in Montenegro. It can be car service or restoration. So I want to visit Montenegro in this year. Firstly I'm planning to create a company and get permanent residence. After I can live Montenegro.

If anyone has information about car services, service area locations and basic service prices (oil change, brake pads change, car detailing, polishing etc.) please write to me.

Best regards,
Can

Hi guys,
I'm new to the forum here, but have read and feel like this may be a good place to reach out.
I am interested in moving to Montenegro. I'm in Croatia now, and looking for employment in MN.
If anyone has anything I am a Jack of all trades and ready to work. I have already googled a bit but results are quite thin.

I appreciate any help anyone can give.

Thanks

Hi,

I am currently living in Istanbul Turkey. I am English Linguist. Will be visiting Montenegro at the beginning of September 2018. I am planning to open an English course which I believe is needed in MN.
Here to find out more about the country, the way of living and make friends :)

Hello
I am Ismail an engineer working on Construction.
I have lived Russia/St.Petersburg , still living in Kuwait City/Kuwait for 3.5 years.
I am interested in to know about Montenegro and doing business at there.
Anybody wants to share his/her information about it, Most welcome.
Dont hesitate to contact with me.

Any Body ask to know about Kuwait , Ask Away :)

Interests

construction,  business,  trade,  geology,  export-import,  Business exchange   

I can speak

Turkish , English, Spanish (beginner)

Hello
Considering registering new tech company in mn.  We are based in California USA & UK.
Interested in learning where i can live low cost to submerge into culture, & procedure required to register company etc....
Many thanks
R

Hello,

My wife and I are planning an exploratory trip to Montenegro in 2019 with the possibility of relocating in a couple years. I have read conflicting reports about the weather during the summer and winter. Should be make the change, we will probably rent for three months and then return to the States or travel in Europe and then return for another three months, and so on.

Any information about the best and safest way to secure an apartment, the weather and other important information your have gleaned can to share would be appreciated.

Hi
I would recommend that you  come in the spring time when the weather is not to hot and it is cheaper to rent  and it is also much quieter than the peak summer months of July and August.
It is also nice in September and October .I don't generally stay here myself during the winter months but I have been told that there can be periods with a lot of rain.

Merhaba can bey, şuan itibariyle oturma ve çalışma iznimi almış bulunuyorum. İsterseniz yardımcı olabilirim.

@Eacar > could you please post in English in this English speaking forum so that everyone can understand? Thank you

sorry christine.

Hi everybody. A fresh expat living in Budva working in Podgorica. Looking for new friends to swapping experiences and ideas. One cup of coffee or two all welcome.

Hello!
We're from Russia, 2 years lived in Singapore and now have been living here in Montenegro for 2 years already.  We are a family of freelancers: I'm an animator (cartoonist), my husband is a programmer. Three kids. Will be happy to make new friends ))

Hello everyone from Turkey!

I am planning to move to Montenegro as soon as possible.
I just need some detailed information on my business plan about cars, trucks and motorcycles in Montenegro.
Is there anyone who can help me with some statistics and personal opinion please get in touch with me I really appreciate your help.

Hello
I'm Melanie from the UK and currently live In North Yorkshire. I bought an apartment in Kotor in 2005 and plan to move there in the future with my husband when our daughter is older. I have joined the forum as it would be good to connect with like minded people and pick up some tips and advice, esp re anything property related as  I am planning on refurbishing my apartment next year.

Hello may i ask you in which city you live in Montenegro am new here, and i would like to have friends  :)

Hello am new here in Montenegro , and i would like to have friends here.

Hi Nurris
I don't actually live in Montenegro - yet. 😞I have an apartment in Kotor Old Town. Hopefully there are some people on the forum who live close by to you. All the best!  :)
Melanie

I hope so, Thanks for your reply.

hello and welcome to MNE. I live in Budva. write me if you need any info.

murat

Hi there,

my name is Dasha, and I am new here. About 3 weeks ago, me, my husband, and our 2 pets arrived to Montenegro after a long trip across Eastern Europe, through the mountains and fields. Due to personal    views, we've made this difficult decision to leave our country and settle down somewhere else. So far, we live in Bar, Montenegro, in a small house overlooking the orange garden. I am writing here to find some nice people to talk to and share the opinions. I am a freelance translator (EN-RU), and always looking to improve my competence in English language. Besides, I am also really interested in freshening up my French-speaking skills, so if you're from French-speaking country, please, let me know: I'll be glad to take part in some kind of language exchange.
We love pets, nature and hiking and many-many other things in this world.

How much they quoted??

Hi all,

I'm a newbie here! I've been with my Montenegrin boyfriend for 1.5 years and considering moving to the Kolasin area from the UK (a bit different to the flat land of East Anglia!).

To anyone who has gone through the formalities already – any advice on applying for a temporary residence visa and getting expat health insurance please get in touch!

Dayna :)

Hi!

I'm an Israeli  42 yo who had lived for most years in the US (NYC and Houston). At recent years I returned to Israel for family reasons. I also need to be part of my time in Europe.

I'm checking Montenegro as European destination to spend 1/3 of my time (a 10 days each month). I'm interested in info about internationals living there, house to buy, safety issues (if any), and generally how'slife there for a non local .

Thanks!

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread: https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=830196

Thanks!

Closed