Any Americans in Montenegro/Kotor?

We are thinking about moving to Kotor, so it'd be nice to know if there are any Americans living or working there and what their experisnce is.

I would like to know if there is any americans that are working and also living in this area if you are and would like to chat my name is Aubrey Davis, i am looking to move next year and also start work asap if I can find a job. You can email me at [email protected] thanks and best of luck

Hello and welcome to Expat.com! :)

I hope other members will share their experience with you. Do not hesitate to ask specific questions on the forum.

All the best,
Christine

Hi Aubrey,

Are you still in MNE? My husband and I are heading there in December and hoping to move there. I am American and my hubby, Klemens, is German though he lived in the US for 30 years. Love to hear how you have settled in etc....

Graciela

Hello Graciela,

Please note that this topic is very old and you may not hear back from Aubrey.

If you are looking for members who share a similar expat journey to yours, you can seek them out by creating a new topic on the Montenegro forum:)

Good luck,

Diksha
Team Expat.com

Hello,

I arrived in Podgorica two weeks ago to work on a two-year contract. I am working with one of the Montenegrin ministries and the US government. So far, everything has gone smoothly -- even with the COVID restrictions in place.

If you plan to travel from the US, beware of the EU travel restrictions. They are constantly changing, so I won't try to restate them here. I watched United Airlines turn people away at the gate, and I was (very politely) detained by the police in Zurich who nearly turned me around until I demonstrated I was traveling on official business.

My first impression here is that the Montenegrins are a friendly and kindly people -- and that they are far more relaxed than Americans. Our political turmoil has taken a toll on us that I don't see occurring here.

I was wondering if Americans are warmly welcome in Montenegro and if people are happy to help them due to language (communication difficulties) ?