New members of the Jamaica forum, introduce yourselves here - 2018

Hi all,

Newbie on the Jamaica forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country, or to tell us more on your expat projects in Jamaica if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

Why did you close the old thread Julien? I took me ages to read through all the posts, only to find that I couldn't respond to anyone. Great :(

My wife (of 9 years) is Jamaican. As will be my kids and I when out submitted citizenship applications are actioned. We have decided that Port Antonio is the place to be. There are several reasons behind this, one is the friends we have made who will be returning to PA within the next two years. Our plan is by 2024 we will be there permanently. It gives us enough time to build the infrastructure we need to grow our roots in the community. As time progresses from now to then, we will add more and more time each year to our time spent in Jamaica, that eventually we will be calling our time in the UK our vacations.

I'm Wendy-looking to talk to any expats in Negril. Planning a move hopefully within next 2-3 months. Any replies welcome. Would love to “know” expats before arriving!

Good day. My name is Jacolette. My husband have a job offer from Jamaica. We will be living in Kingston then. I would like to know how is linving in Kingston, safety? And how many are from South Africa?

Hello-May I ask what type of job your husband got in Jamaica? I am from USA & will be going to Negril in October, Cannot answer your specific question, but I've found a great website run by a man named Wellesley Gayle you should check out. It may answer many of your questions & you may also email Wellesley directly (& he even answers fairly quickly)! It is: www.my-island-jamaica.com - best place I've found so far, & have started to find expats on the island I'm beginning to talk to! Facebook groups are also a good place to “meet” people, simply do a search using keywords. Good luck, & who knows, perhaps we'll meet someday on the gorgeous, friendly island! Wendy

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread: https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=830092

Thanks!

Closed