New members of the Barbados forum, introduce yourselves here - 2018

Hi all,

Newbie on the Barbados forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country, or to tell us more on your expat projects in Barbados if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

Hi Julien!

I am a newbie!

Please click the link to see and advise on my Barbados get-away plan!

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.p … 08#4053545

Syreta

I would love the chance to stay in barbados longer , i still cant quite understand if its 3 month or 6 month i can stay .. As i understand its 6 if you can prove you can look after yourself without work , or be on a training course there .
I have a friend trying to get a permit through a business but no one is moving the papers forward .

Hi Natalie,

When I was on holiday, I was only able to get 3 months. As being retired and owning a house I got six months. So at airport immigration ask for 6, and if they only give you 3, an extension for 3 months will cost about $100 bbd downtown at immigration. As for starting a business, it would be best to be here and get all the info and forms that you need at immigration. If you already have a lawyer, they should be able to answer any questions related to starting a business on the phone.

Hi there,

I'm a newbie to the forum.  Been to BIM many times and planning on retiring there in 2019.  I'm going to rent longterm.  I understand the visa is 6 months if I can support myself.  Ive done quite a bit of research on rentals and cost of living.  Any tips on cost of living and unexpected expenses or anything in general welcome.  Especially interested in how a vibrant active divorced retiree can make a few pals for swimming, walking, tea, etc. 

Dawn

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread: https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=829846

Thanks!

Closed