New members of the Barbados forum, introduce yourselves here - 2019

Hi all,

Newbie on the Barbados forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country,
or to tell us more on your expat projects in Barbados if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

I'm looking for a job abroad anywhere considered but the Carribbean would be lovely
I am an air conditioning engineer

Hi. I'm moving to a rental house in Holetown to see whether I want to extend the time I spend here. I am early-retired teacher (please don't hold that against me!) with two grown up daughters. Been coming to Barbados for years and years but now separated and have sold our holiday apartment. So I'm coming in May and hope to make new friends and a social life here. I have friends around the globe but truly, there is nowhere like Barbados. I know a few Bajan  people already but I just hope to make new social links and any tips from those who've ‘been here,  done that' to help me out? Everything appreciated!

Hi Alimhull,  I have lived here since October after taking early retirement and sailing for a year from Alaska to Mexico. I live mid way between Hole and B'town in Fitts Village. If I can help with anything just drop a line...

Hi there Barry. I did not sail here nor plan to do so! I'm going ‘home' to sort things then will be back here Early April. Thanks for contacting me. It's a bit of an adventure but so love Barbados. I have myriad things zapping through my mind at the moment. Just found the rental. I would appreciate someone answering inane or serious questions? Any help really!
Thanks,
Alison

No worries. Anytime

Hi everyone! I'm Doctor in Medicine, General and Thoracic Surgeon and i'm planning to go abroad anywhere in the Caribbean.

Any informarion or help would be marvelous. Thanks!

Hi there! I've moved recently from London, England to Barbados! I'm 28 years old and I don't know much about this beautiful country or how to meet friends! I have decided to do some aqua Zumba classes as I have always enjoyed Zumba back hone! Any suggestions on places I can go to meet people in a similar age group would me lovely! Thanks in advance 😊

Hi, my name is Sandy, and I'm retired from the US Air Force after serving 25 yrs of active duty.  I've seen and experienced many parts of the world, no place cold, so I can say that I enjoy tropical weather.  I'm hoping to visit Barbados, and I've not pin pointed any one place, lets just say, that I'm still looking.  So I'm hoping to get info from all that wants to share.  I'm looking for places close to the beach, an apartment, or flat, or loft, but a place for one.  I like nature trails, hiking, water sports,,,kayaking, something calm.  I also would like to do some snorkeling.  I hope to one day join the world of expats.

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread:
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=880375

Thanks!

Closed