Carta soggiorno- SOGGIORNATE DI LUNGO PERIODO_EU

Hello; am a Nigerian living in Italy and i have Carta soggiorn; soggiornate di lungo periodo_eu to be precise. Am married to an Italian citizen. I and my wife want to travel to Londo for Xmas; do i need a visa to enter the UK?

Yes.

Hi all. I got a sister who has Carta sorggiorno and she got 2kids with Italian passport.Can they move to settle in the UK?

Assuming your sister is a Ghanaian citizen and holds a valid passport; she may have some rights in relation to the fact that Ghana was a former member of the Commonwealth; this link may help her through this.  If not, then this link may help her also.

Her kids with Italian passports are EU citizens and currently enjoy the right to live and work anywhere in the EU; this may change after Brexit, nobody yet knows what these changes may be.

Thanks very much.I do appreciate.so that means they are still allowed to enter the UK even with the carta di sorggiono ma sister is holding.

Boatgod wrote:

Thanks very much.I do appreciate.so that means they are still allowed to enter the UK even with the carta di sorggiono ma sister is holding.

No; what I'm saying is that as it stands, your sister cannot enter the UK.  What she needs to do is look at those links and see if she qualifies (either via a Commonwealth link, or an Article 10 document).

By itself, a Carta soggiorno is a residence permit for Italy - nothing else; together with a valid passport, your sister can use it to travel between Schengen countries and can stay in one of those countries for up to 90 days each time.  The UK is not a member of the Schengen scheme.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team

Thanks very much.I do really appreciate