Advice on dating women from Columbia?

Any advice on dating women from Columbia?

Be prepared for some flakiness and perhaps a few gold diggers.  This may just be in Cartagena, but generally trying to meet girls out at bars/clubs never went well for me.  They are either semi or full professionals or don't want to be seen as such and/or just want to dance with their friends.  Generally girls don't go out clubbing to meet guys here.  Learn at least some basic Spanish and try to meet girls during the day or through others.  Again, this might be a Cartagena only thing but expect some late arrivals to dates, you have to decide where to draw the line there.  I'm happily married to a Colombian I met here and dated another for a while before.  Um other advice?  Know that generally family is very, very important to them.

Just walk around with a $100 Bill taped to your head

Aadigu wrote:

Any advice on dating women from Columbia?

First thing to do is learn the correct spelling and pronunciation of the country's name.

cccmedia

hey Quechimba AKA Moose Jaw

My beautiful Colombian gf owns houses, is a professional accountant, raised her family on her own, got her schooling on her own, works 5 and 1/2 days a week, supports her family and does manicures on the side. I did not have a 100 dollar bill taped on my head when I met her.
C mon down to Armenia and spend some time. i will take you on some rounds to meet the many many beauties that are like that on the inside too.

CanadaDoug AKA Nanaimo

CanadaDoug wrote:

Quechimba AKA Moose Jaw...

My beautiful Colombian gf owns houses, is a professional accountant, raised her family... I did not have a 100 dollar bill taped on my head when I met her.

CanadaDoug

Our correspondent, late of Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan, Canada .. has his own brand of humor.. and the Home Office is allowing it on the Dating posts on our Colombia and Ecuador forums.

I wouldn't take him too seriously since nobody sane
            goes around with money taped to one's head. :joking:

cccmedia

CanadaDoug

Anybody whot takes the OPS post seriously needs their head examined.

I already did Armenia, no thanks, I am in Bucaramanga

There are good and bad everyewhere

Just keep your fieinds away from the female lawyers there, ***.you can take  that to the bank

Moderated by Bhavna 5 years ago
Reason : Generalisation + foul language
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Ive never been to Bucaramanga, but have friends from there and have generally heard good things about it......Can you elaborate a bit on the advantages of living in Bucaramanga Quechimba? Like the level of cleanliness, order, security, service, etc, etc.........Percentage wise does it compare with Medellin or Cali for heartstopping, breathtaking, render you speechless gorgeous women?

Women are the same everywhere no.matter what a holes like Roosh say

People are more conservative than Medellín or Cali

Not quite as hot as Cali.but hotter than Medellín

Los of clubs and actitudes of all types you can participante in.

Not as clean as Manizales  or Armena.lots and lots of Vennies living and passing through and living with their family in the streets.

But much more of a city than Manizales or Armenia or Pereira..lost of stuff to do..really Active and social people..

Not as poluted air  as Medellín and traffic not as bad..but still bad at times

Seems like there is a lots of $plata here..lots of big shopping malls

General I like it a lot, but like anywhere I dont hang out in the ghettos or communas

Aadigu wrote:

Any advice on dating women (in) Columbia?

This topic is evergreen for arriving Expats, so why not revive this thread from
2017-18....

The posts from 2018 are still valid and on-point IMO with the exception of the
jokey hundred-dollar bill gambit.  I commend Cartagena Explorer's November 11 post.

I might add my perspective below...

1.  Don't expect an individual to speak more than a few words of English even if she
took English class(es) in school, likely from an ESL Colombian teacher with emphasis
on the written word.  (Of course, the occasional Colombiana is highly educated and may be fluent, for instance, in both Spanish and English.)

2.  Romantic escalation can occur unexpectedly and quickly if she likes you.

3.  Few women will have a passport or have traveled outside Colombia with the exception of the many Venezuelan 'escapees' and girls from wealthy backgrounds who have visited overseas.

4.  Don't figure on any Colombian women you meet going Dutch on a date.

5.  Colombian women are internationally famous for their beauty.  YMMV, especially
since there are more beauties in Medellín than in Nalgas del Cerdo, Putumayo.

6.  You have high value amongst some women as a foreigner, based partly
on the presumption that foreigners are wealthy.  Among certain classes
a woman dating a foreigner may be considered questionable due to the
well-known realities of pay for play in La República.  This attitude is sometimes
expressed or implied as the phenomenon pejoratively called slut shaming.

7.  For young women there is less of a stigma, if any stigma, compared to North America
if a male Expat is older.

-- cccmedia

@Quechimba   I find it amusing to see all the posts about women. Probably from those that don't have a partner. There are some latina slants you should be aware of (the culture) but basically women are the same all over the world and I myself don't categorize.

Where else in the world can you end the argument by buying her a new pair of zapatos?

1- It's better to go for one with an Income.

2- Dont try to change her cirumstances.  (This is a really bad idea  , a huge  financial gap is not really good in many cases. )

3- If you are a high income dude , stick with high income colombian women (Probably more feminist and more independant but a much lower income person might be incentivised to be dishonest). This is based on my own experience. 

Your own experience, Crazy?

What happened?

cccmedia