House Hunting for Retirement Villa in Las Terrenas (LT), DR

Hi, I'm a newbie to the site. I currently live in northern Virginia, about 25 minutes from Washington DC.  I came to the LT on vacation in Dec. 2016 and just love the area and its people.  I came back in July 2017 to look for a place to live full time and I'm currently here for a week 11/2017.  There are plenty of homes (Villas) and condo's (apartment).  There is friendly expat community here and many who do volunteer work with the schools, and with programs who work to nurture the large dog population that seems to be everywhere.

Hi Marklp!

My husband and I visited LT last June and bought a condo as an investment property, and we'll be back next month to look for land to built a house on.

We fell in love with LT immediately! It's probably another 3 years before we're down there full time, but it already feels like home!

Denise

Marklp welcome to the forum.
LT is a beautiful area and it sounds like you are taking it slow.  I would rent a place for 6 months or so to make sure you are making the right move and then buy something.  Good luck and keep us posted.
We are down the road a bit (Sousa/Cabarete area) and have been here full time for nearly 12 years.

Bob K

Welcome to the forums. I dont know much about LT.

Bob is right. We recommend renting first to everyone.  Living is very different then visiting. Buying should be delayed for a variety of reasons.